The State of Shopware in 2021
Shopware is an open-source ecommerce platform that was started in Germany in 2003.
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on Shopware usage.
- Shopware growth
- Social media usage on Shopware stores
- Contact information on Shopware stores
- Top categories for Shopware stores
- Top countries for Shopware stores
- Number of employees for Shopware stores
- Number of products sold for Shopware stores
- Top Shopware technologies
- Shopware store top-level domain distribution
- Top Shopware stores
- New Shopware stores
- Stores switching to Shopware from other platforms
- Stores switching from Shopware to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 23,339 live stores running on the Shopware platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running Shopware.
- Shopware stores increased 5.0% quarter-over-quarter in 2021 Q2.
- Shopware stores increased 23% year-over-year in 2021 Q2.
Cumulative Stores by Quarter
It's hard to know exactly when a Shopware store was first created but we use a heuristic combining DNS and WHOIS data that provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On Shopware Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Facebook is used by 29.5% of Shopware stores.
- Instagram is used by 21.1% of Shopware stores.
- YouTube is used by 11.2% of Shopware stores.
Contact Information On Shopware Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 76% of Shopware stores have an email on their website
- 40% of Shopware stores provide a phone number on their website
Top Categories For Shopware Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on Shopware.
- 1.7% of Shopware stores sell Apparel products.
- 1.1% of Shopware stores sell Home & Garden products.
- 0.7% of Shopware stores sell Beauty & Fitness products.
Top Countries For Shopware Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using Shopware.
- 71.9% of Shopware stores are in Germany
- 4.1% of Shopware stores are in Switzerland
- 3.9% of Shopware stores are in Austria
- 1.0% of Shopware stores are in Netherlands
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For Shopware Stores
Here is the breakdown of Shopware stores by the number of employees.
- 0.1% of Shopware stores have 50 - 99 employees.
- 0.1% of Shopware stores have 1 - 9 employees.
- 0.1% of Shopware stores have 10 - 24 employees.
Number Of Products Sold For Shopware Stores
Here is the breakdown of Shopware stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 6.1% of Shopware stores sell 250 - 999 different products.
- 4.1% of Shopware stores sell 100 - 249 different products.
- 3.9% of Shopware stores sell 1000 - 4999 different products.
Top Technologies on Shopware Stores
We're tracking 90 different technologies that have 24,227 collective installs on Shopware stores.
- Google Tag Manager is used by 34.6% of Shopware stores.
- Klarna is used by 15.0% of Shopware stores.
- PayPal Checkout is used by 12.7% of Shopware stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all Shopware stores.
Shopware Store Top-level Domain Distribution
Here is the top-level domain distribution for Shopware stores.
- 65.5% of Shopware stores have a .de domain.
- 15.6% of Shopware stores have a .com domain.
- 3.8% of Shopware stores have a .ch domain.
Top Shopware Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by Shopware, ordered by store rank.
New Shopware Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to Shopware From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Shopware has taken 137 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to Shopware from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Stores Switching from Shopware To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Shopware has lost 141 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top Shopware stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on Shopware stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the Shopware stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on Shopware stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.