The State of Ecwid in 2022
Ecwid is an ecommerce platform that, when first released, allowed merchants to add ecommerce functionality to an existing website. The platform has since evolved to support complete standalone websites.
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on Ecwid usage.
- Ecwid growth
- Social media usage on Ecwid stores
- Contact information on Ecwid stores
- Top categories for Ecwid stores
- Top countries for Ecwid stores
- Number of employees for Ecwid stores
- Number of products sold for Ecwid stores
- Top Ecwid technologies
- Top Shipping Carriers used by Ecwid stores
- Ecwid store top-level domain distribution
- Top Ecwid stores
- New Ecwid stores
- Stores switching to Ecwid from other platforms
- Stores switching from Ecwid to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 186,538 live stores running on the Ecwid platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running Ecwid.
- Ecwid stores increased 3.5% quarter-over-quarter in 2022 Q2.
- Ecwid stores increased 38% year-over-year in 2022 Q2.
Cumulative Stores by Quarter
It's hard to know exactly when a Ecwid store was first created but we use a heuristic combining DNS and WHOIS data that provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On Ecwid Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Facebook is used by 53.2% of Ecwid stores.
- Instagram is used by 52.4% of Ecwid stores.
- Twitter is used by 17.2% of Ecwid stores.
Contact Information On Ecwid Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 56% of Ecwid stores have an email on their website
- 52% of Ecwid stores provide a phone number on their website
Top Categories For Ecwid Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on Ecwid.
- 7.6% of Ecwid stores sell Arts & Entertainment products.
- 6.4% of Ecwid stores sell Food & Drink products.
- 6.3% of Ecwid stores sell Apparel products.
Top Countries For Ecwid Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using Ecwid.
- 31.3% of Ecwid stores are in United States
- 7.0% of Ecwid stores are in United Kingdom
- 3.8% of Ecwid stores are in Canada
- 3.0% of Ecwid stores are in Australia
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For Ecwid Stores
Here is the breakdown of Ecwid stores by the number of employees.
- 0.3% of Ecwid stores have 1 - 9 employees.
- 0.1% of Ecwid stores have 10 - 24 employees.
- 0.1% of Ecwid stores have 25 - 49 employees.
Number Of Products Sold For Ecwid Stores
Here is the breakdown of Ecwid stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 40.5% of Ecwid stores sell 1 - 9 different products.
- 7.7% of Ecwid stores sell 10 - 24 different products.
- 4.7% of Ecwid stores sell 25 - 49 different products.
Top Technologies on Ecwid Stores
We're tracking 228 different technologies that have 170,286 collective installs on Ecwid stores.
- Cloudfront CDN is used by 15.3% of Ecwid stores.
- Vimeo is used by 13.9% of Ecwid stores.
- YouTube Player is used by 10.8% of Ecwid stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all Ecwid stores.
Top Shipping Carriers Used By Ecwid Stores
- USPS is used by 68.5% of Ecwid stores.
- UPS is used by 68.2% of Ecwid stores.
- Fedex is used by 0.8% of Ecwid stores.
Here are the top 10 shipping carriers across all Ecwid stores.
Ecwid Store Top-level Domain Distribution
.com is the most popular top-level domain for Ecwid stores. This is not surprising since alternate top-level domains have only been introduced somewhat recently and there is still a certain cachet associated with .com domains.
That said, you'll find stark regional differences in certain countries. In Australia, .com.au is the most common top-level domain with .com a close second. This is the exception however as .com domains dominate in virtually all other countries.
- 61.8% of Ecwid stores have a .com domain.
- 6.5% of Ecwid stores have a .site domain.
- 4.1% of Ecwid stores have a .org domain.
Top Ecwid Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by Ecwid, ordered by store rank.
New Ecwid Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to Ecwid From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Ecwid has taken 7,935 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to Ecwid from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Stores Switching from Ecwid To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Ecwid has lost 731 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top Ecwid stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on Ecwid stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the Ecwid stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on Ecwid stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.