The State of Odoo in 2023
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on Odoo usage.
- Odoo growth
- Social media usage on Odoo stores
- Contact information on Odoo stores
- Top categories for Odoo stores
- Top countries for Odoo stores
- Number of employees for Odoo stores
- Number of products sold for Odoo stores
- Top Odoo technologies
- Top Shipping Carriers used by Odoo stores
- Odoo store top-level domain distribution
- Top Odoo stores
- New Odoo stores
- Stores switching to Odoo from other platforms
- Stores switching from Odoo to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 27,608 live stores running on the Odoo platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running Odoo.
- Odoo stores increased 16.2% quarter-over-quarter in 2022 Q4.
- Odoo stores increased 50% year-over-year in 2022 Q4.
Cumulative Stores by Quarter
It's hard to know exactly when a Odoo store was first created but we use a heuristic combining DNS and WHOIS data that provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On Odoo Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Facebook is used by 25.2% of Odoo stores.
- Instagram is used by 18.4% of Odoo stores.
- LinkedIn is used by 12.6% of Odoo stores.
Contact Information On Odoo Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 65% of Odoo stores have an email on their website
- 56% of Odoo stores provide a phone number on their website
Top Categories For Odoo Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on Odoo.
- 5.5% of Odoo stores sell Computers products.
- 4.8% of Odoo stores sell Business & Industrial products.
- 3.9% of Odoo stores sell Home & Garden products.
Top Countries For Odoo Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using Odoo.
- 5.5% of Odoo stores are in Belgium
- 4.3% of Odoo stores are in France
- 4.2% of Odoo stores are in United States
- 3.2% of Odoo stores are in Spain
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For Odoo Stores
Here is the breakdown of Odoo stores by the number of employees.
- 0.6% of Odoo stores have 1 - 9 employees.
- 0.5% of Odoo stores have 10 - 24 employees.
- 0.4% of Odoo stores have 50 - 99 employees.
Number Of Products Sold For Odoo Stores
Here is the breakdown of Odoo stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 36.6% of Odoo stores sell 1 - 9 different products.
- 7.8% of Odoo stores sell 10 - 24 different products.
- 7.6% of Odoo stores sell 100 - 249 different products.
Top Technologies on Odoo Stores
We're tracking 139 different technologies that have 33,293 collective installs on Odoo stores.
- Google Analytics is used by 25.8% of Odoo stores.
- Google Tag Manager is used by 18.7% of Odoo stores.
- Google Adsense is used by 17.7% of Odoo stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all Odoo stores.
Top Shipping Carriers Used By Odoo Stores
- USPS is used by 1.6% of Odoo stores.
- UPS is used by 1.2% of Odoo stores.
- Fedex is used by 1.0% of Odoo stores.
Here are the top 10 shipping carriers across all Odoo stores.
Odoo Store Top-level Domain Distribution
.com is the most popular top-level domain for Odoo stores. This is not surprising since alternate top-level domains have only been introduced somewhat recently and there is still a certain cachet associated with .com domains.
That said, you'll find stark regional differences in certain countries. In Australia, .com.au is the most common top-level domain with .com a close second. This is the exception however as .com domains dominate in virtually all other countries.
- 50.0% of Odoo stores have a .com domain.
- 4.2% of Odoo stores have a .be domain.
- 3.1% of Odoo stores have a .fr domain.
Top Odoo Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by Odoo, ordered by store rank.
New Odoo Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to Odoo From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Odoo has taken 261 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to Odoo from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Stores Switching from Odoo To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Odoo has lost 80 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top Odoo stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on Odoo stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the Odoo stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on Odoo stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.