The State of PrestaShop in 2022
PrestaShop is an open-source ecommerce platform that originated in France in 2005. PrestaShop supported over a dozen languages shortly after launch and has always had a strong focus on internationalization.
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on PrestaShop usage.
- PrestaShop growth
- Social media usage on PrestaShop stores
- Contact information on PrestaShop stores
- Top categories for PrestaShop stores
- Top countries for PrestaShop stores
- Number of employees for PrestaShop stores
- Number of products sold for PrestaShop stores
- Top PrestaShop technologies
- Top Shipping Carriers used by PrestaShop stores
- PrestaShop store top-level domain distribution
- Top PrestaShop stores
- New PrestaShop stores
- Stores switching to PrestaShop from other platforms
- Stores switching from PrestaShop to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 217,021 live stores running on the PrestaShop platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running PrestaShop.
- PrestaShop stores increased 2.1% quarter-over-quarter in 2022 Q2.
- PrestaShop stores increased 9% year-over-year in 2022 Q2.
Cumulative Stores by Quarter
It's hard to know exactly when a PrestaShop store was first created but we use a heuristic combining DNS and WHOIS data that provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On PrestaShop Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Facebook is used by 46.9% of PrestaShop stores.
- Instagram is used by 32.7% of PrestaShop stores.
- Twitter is used by 12.0% of PrestaShop stores.
Contact Information On PrestaShop Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 61% of PrestaShop stores provide a phone number on their website
- 56% of PrestaShop stores have an email on their website
Top Categories For PrestaShop Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on PrestaShop.
- 6.8% of PrestaShop stores sell Apparel products.
- 4.9% of PrestaShop stores sell Home & Garden products.
- 2.7% of PrestaShop stores sell Food & Drink products.
Top Countries For PrestaShop Stores
PrestaShop is quite popular in Europe, which makes sense since the company is based in France.
- 13.3% of PrestaShop stores are in France
- 10.3% of PrestaShop stores are in Spain
- 7.2% of PrestaShop stores are in Poland
- 6.8% of PrestaShop stores are in Italy
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For PrestaShop Stores
Here is the breakdown of PrestaShop stores by the number of employees.
- 1.1% of PrestaShop stores have 1 - 9 employees.
- 0.5% of PrestaShop stores have 10 - 24 employees.
- 0.3% of PrestaShop stores have 25 - 49 employees.
Number Of Products Sold For PrestaShop Stores
Here is the breakdown of PrestaShop stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 13.1% of PrestaShop stores sell 250 - 999 different products.
- 12.0% of PrestaShop stores sell 100 - 249 different products.
- 7.5% of PrestaShop stores sell 1 - 9 different products.
Top Technologies on PrestaShop Stores
We're tracking 205 different technologies that have 481,708 collective installs on PrestaShop stores.
- Google Analytics is used by 47.1% of PrestaShop stores.
- Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce is used by 33.5% of PrestaShop stores.
- Google Tag Manager is used by 25.0% of PrestaShop stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all PrestaShop stores.
Top Shipping Carriers Used By PrestaShop Stores
- UPS is used by 12.6% of PrestaShop stores.
- Correos is used by 2.2% of PrestaShop stores.
- Fedex is used by 1.3% of PrestaShop stores.
Here are the top 10 shipping carriers across all PrestaShop stores.
PrestaShop Store Top-level Domain Distribution
.com is the most popular top-level domain for PrestaShop stores. This is not surprising since alternate top-level domains have only been introduced somewhat recently and there is still a certain cachet associated with .com domains.
That said, you'll find stark regional differences in certain countries. In Australia, .com.au is the most common top-level domain with .com a close second. This is the exception however as .com domains dominate in virtually all other countries.
- 40.4% of PrestaShop stores have a .com domain.
- 9.5% of PrestaShop stores have a .fr domain.
- 5.7% of PrestaShop stores have a .pl domain.
Top PrestaShop Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by PrestaShop, ordered by store rank.
New PrestaShop Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to PrestaShop From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, PrestaShop has taken 2,903 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to PrestaShop from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Stores Switching from PrestaShop To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, PrestaShop has lost 1,280 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top PrestaShop stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on PrestaShop stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the PrestaShop stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on PrestaShop stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.