The State of Shoper in 2023
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on Shoper usage.
- Shoper growth
- Social media usage on Shoper stores
- Contact information on Shoper stores
- Top categories for Shoper stores
- Top countries for Shoper stores
- Number of employees for Shoper stores
- Number of products sold for Shoper stores
- Top Shoper technologies
- Top Shipping Carriers used by Shoper stores
- Shoper store top-level domain distribution
- Top Shoper stores
- New Shoper stores
- Stores switching to Shoper from other platforms
- Stores switching from Shoper to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 16,280 live stores running on the Shoper platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running Shoper.
- Shoper stores increased 11.4% quarter-over-quarter in 2023 Q3.
- Shoper stores increased 72% year-over-year in 2023 Q3.
Active Stores by Quarter
Note: the store counts displayed in this section are based on actual historical store counts.
It's hard to know exactly when a Shoper store was first created but we use a heuristic that includes historical DNS data which provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On Shoper Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Facebook is used by 31.0% of Shoper stores.
- Instagram is used by 26.6% of Shoper stores.
- YouTube is used by 4.6% of Shoper stores.
Contact Information On Shoper Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 65% of Shoper stores provide a phone number on their website
- 46% of Shoper stores have an email on their website
Top Categories For Shoper Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on Shoper.
- 3.8% of Shoper stores sell Home & Garden products.
- 2.8% of Shoper stores sell Apparel products.
- 1.1% of Shoper stores sell Beauty & Fitness products.
Top Countries For Shoper Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using Shoper.
- 87.4% of Shoper stores are in Poland
- 0.7% of Shoper stores are in Germany
- 0.4% of Shoper stores are in Czech Republic
- 0.2% of Shoper stores are in United Kingdom
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For Shoper Stores
Here is the breakdown of Shoper stores by the number of employees.
- 98.1% of Shoper stores have Unknown employees.
- 0.6% of Shoper stores have 1 - 9 employees.
- 0.5% of Shoper stores have 100 - 249 employees.
Number Of Products Sold For Shoper Stores
Here is the breakdown of Shoper stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 18.7% of Shoper stores sell 1 - 9 different products.
- 16.7% of Shoper stores sell 100 - 249 different products.
- 15.4% of Shoper stores sell 250 - 999 different products.
Top Technologies on Shoper Stores
We're tracking 89 different technologies that have 66,290 collective installs on Shoper stores.
- Google Tag Manager is used by 100.0% of Shoper stores.
- reCAPTCHA is used by 97.3% of Shoper stores.
- Google Adsense is used by 46.9% of Shoper stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all Shoper stores.
Top Shipping Carriers Used By Shoper Stores
- InPost is used by 20.1% of Shoper stores.
- Polish Post is used by 9.8% of Shoper stores.
- UPS is used by 4.5% of Shoper stores.
Here are the top 10 shipping carriers across all Shoper stores.
Shoper Store Top-level Domain Distribution
Here is the top-level domain distribution for Shoper stores.
- 75.8% of Shoper stores have a .pl domain.
- 7.8% of Shoper stores have a .com domain.
- 5.9% of Shoper stores have a .com.pl domain.
Top Shoper Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by Shoper, ordered by store rank.
New Shoper Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to Shoper From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Shoper has taken 1,697 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to Shoper from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Stores Switching from Shoper To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Shoper has lost 118 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top Shoper stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on Shoper stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the Shoper stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on Shoper stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.