The State of Salla in 2021
Founded in 2016, Salla is a Shopify-like ecommerce platform that allows anyone to set up their Arabic ecommerce stores to sell online using their platform and tools.
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on Salla usage.
- Salla growth
- Social media usage on Salla stores
- Contact information on Salla stores
- Top categories for Salla stores
- Top countries for Salla stores
- Number of employees for Salla stores
- Number of products sold for Salla stores
- Top Salla technologies
- Salla store top-level domain distribution
- Top Salla stores
- New Salla stores
- Stores switching to Salla from other platforms
- Stores switching from Salla to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 7,864 live stores running on the Salla platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running Salla.
- Salla stores increased 22.7% quarter-over-quarter in 2021 Q2.
- Salla stores increased 590% year-over-year in 2021 Q2.
Cumulative Stores by Quarter
It's hard to know exactly when a Salla store was first created but we use a heuristic combining DNS and WHOIS data that provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On Salla Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Instagram is used by 73.3% of Salla stores.
- Twitter is used by 47.3% of Salla stores.
- Snapchat is used by 41.3% of Salla stores.
Contact Information On Salla Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 50% of Salla stores have an email on their website
- 22% of Salla stores provide a phone number on their website
Top Categories For Salla Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on Salla.
- 15.5% of Salla stores sell Beauty & Fitness products.
- 11.0% of Salla stores sell Food & Drink products.
- 9.2% of Salla stores sell Home & Garden products.
Top Countries For Salla Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using Salla.
- 85.8% of Salla stores are in Saudi Arabia
- 0.2% of Salla stores are in United States
- 0.1% of Salla stores are in United Arab Emirates
- 0.1% of Salla stores are in France
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For Salla Stores
Here is the breakdown of Salla stores by the number of employees.
- 0.1% of Salla stores have 1 - 9 employees.
- 0.1% of Salla stores have 10 - 24 employees.
- 0.0% of Salla stores have 1000 - 4999 employees.
Number Of Products Sold For Salla Stores
Here is the breakdown of Salla stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 2.2% of Salla stores sell 250 - 999 different products.
- 1.8% of Salla stores sell 100 - 249 different products.
- 1.1% of Salla stores sell 1 - 9 different products.
Top Technologies on Salla Stores
We're tracking 18 different technologies that have 24,864 collective installs on Salla stores.
- Sift is used by 99.8% of Salla stores.
- Google Tag Manager is used by 99.8% of Salla stores.
- Cloudflare CDN is used by 97.9% of Salla stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all Salla stores.
Salla Store Top-level Domain Distribution
.com is the most popular top-level domain for Salla stores. This is not surprising since alternate top-level domains have only been introduced somewhat recently and there is still a certain cachet associated with .com domains.
That said, you'll find stark regional differences in certain countries. In Australia, .com.au is the most common top-level domain with .com a close second. This is the exception however as .com domains dominate in virtually all other countries.
- 90.0% of Salla stores have a .com domain.
- 3.4% of Salla stores have a .sa domain.
- 1.7% of Salla stores have a .net domain.
Top Salla Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by Salla, ordered by store rank.
New Salla Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to Salla From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Salla has taken 66 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to Salla from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Stores Switching from Salla To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Salla has lost 15 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top Salla stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on Salla stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the Salla stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on Salla stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.