The State of YouCan in 2021
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on YouCan usage.
- YouCan growth
- Social media usage on YouCan stores
- Contact information on YouCan stores
- Top categories for YouCan stores
- Top countries for YouCan stores
- Number of products sold for YouCan stores
- Top YouCan technologies
- Top Shipping Carriers used by YouCan stores
- YouCan store top-level domain distribution
- Top YouCan stores
- New YouCan stores
- Stores switching to YouCan from other platforms
- Stores switching from YouCan to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 27,186 live stores running on the YouCan platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running YouCan.
- YouCan stores increased 818.4% quarter-over-quarter in 2021 Q2.
- YouCan stores increased 1743% year-over-year in 2021 Q2.
Cumulative Stores by Quarter
It's hard to know exactly when a YouCan store was first created but we use a heuristic combining DNS and WHOIS data that provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On YouCan Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Facebook is used by 15.9% of YouCan stores.
- Instagram is used by 12.2% of YouCan stores.
- Twitter is used by 0.8% of YouCan stores.
Contact Information On YouCan Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 18% of YouCan stores have an email on their website
- 4% of YouCan stores provide a phone number on their website
Top Categories For YouCan Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on YouCan.
- 14.5% of YouCan stores sell Beauty & Fitness products.
- 13.2% of YouCan stores sell Home & Garden products.
- 10.0% of YouCan stores sell Apparel products.
Top Countries For YouCan Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using YouCan.
- 10.7% of YouCan stores are in Morocco
- 1.5% of YouCan stores are in United States
- 1.2% of YouCan stores are in Montenegro
- 0.7% of YouCan stores are in Tokelau
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Products Sold For YouCan Stores
Here is the breakdown of YouCan stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 0.8% of YouCan stores sell 1 - 9 different products.
- 0.1% of YouCan stores sell 10 - 24 different products.
- 0.1% of YouCan stores sell 25 - 49 different products.
Top Technologies on YouCan Stores
We're tracking 48 different technologies that have 47,353 collective installs on YouCan stores.
- Facebook Pixel is used by 67.9% of YouCan stores.
- New Relic is used by 62.4% of YouCan stores.
- Google Tag Manager is used by 20.3% of YouCan stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all YouCan stores.
Top Shipping Carriers Used By YouCan Stores
- USPS is used by 0.7% of YouCan stores.
- UPS is used by 0.6% of YouCan stores.
- Fedex is used by 0.2% of YouCan stores.
Here are the top 10 shipping carriers across all YouCan stores.
YouCan Store Top-level Domain Distribution
.com is the most popular top-level domain for YouCan stores. This is not surprising since alternate top-level domains have only been introduced somewhat recently and there is still a certain cachet associated with .com domains.
That said, you'll find stark regional differences in certain countries. In Australia, .com.au is the most common top-level domain with .com a close second. This is the exception however as .com domains dominate in virtually all other countries.
- 51.2% of YouCan stores have a .com domain.
- 12.7% of YouCan stores have a .shop domain.
- 8.0% of YouCan stores have a .ma domain.
Top YouCan Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by YouCan, ordered by store rank.
New YouCan Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to YouCan From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, YouCan has taken 307 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to YouCan from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Stores Switching from YouCan To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, YouCan has lost 60 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top YouCan stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on YouCan stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the YouCan stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on YouCan stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.