The State of Zid in 2022
Based in Saudi Arabia, Zid is an ecommerce in a box - solution that any retailer can use to start their eRetail. Zid helps them to build their own eStores (with their own name and identity) and integrates them with the supply chain players to enable them to manage and with ease.
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on Zid usage.
- Zid growth
- Social media usage on Zid stores
- Contact information on Zid stores
- Top categories for Zid stores
- Top countries for Zid stores
- Number of employees for Zid stores
- Number of products sold for Zid stores
- Top Zid technologies
- Top Shipping Carriers used by Zid stores
- Zid store top-level domain distribution
- Top Zid stores
- New Zid stores
- Stores switching to Zid from other platforms
- Stores switching from Zid to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 4,027 live stores running on the Zid platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running Zid.
- Zid stores increased 18.3% quarter-over-quarter in 2022 Q2.
- Zid stores increased 54% year-over-year in 2022 Q2.
Cumulative Stores by Quarter
It's hard to know exactly when a Zid store was first created but we use a heuristic combining DNS and WHOIS data that provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On Zid Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Instagram is used by 28.4% of Zid stores.
- Twitter is used by 16.9% of Zid stores.
- Snapchat is used by 16.8% of Zid stores.
Contact Information On Zid Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 6% of Zid stores provide a phone number on their website
- 4% of Zid stores have an email on their website
Top Categories For Zid Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on Zid.
- 14.3% of Zid stores sell Beauty & Fitness products.
- 9.4% of Zid stores sell Food & Drink products.
- 8.6% of Zid stores sell Apparel products.
Top Countries For Zid Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using Zid.
- 87.6% of Zid stores are in Saudi Arabia
- 10.6% of Zid stores are in United States
- 0.7% of Zid stores are in United Arab Emirates
- 0.6% of Zid stores are in Oman
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For Zid Stores
Here is the breakdown of Zid stores by the number of employees.
- 0.2% of Zid stores have 10 - 24 employees.
- 0.1% of Zid stores have 1 - 9 employees.
- 0.1% of Zid stores have 100 - 249 employees.
Number Of Products Sold For Zid Stores
Here is the breakdown of Zid stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 18.8% of Zid stores sell 1 - 9 different products.
- 9.0% of Zid stores sell 10 - 24 different products.
- 8.5% of Zid stores sell 100 - 249 different products.
Top Technologies on Zid Stores
We're tracking 32 different technologies that have 21,046 collective installs on Zid stores.
- Cloudflare CDN is used by 99.7% of Zid stores.
- Google Tag Manager is used by 99.7% of Zid stores.
- Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce is used by 99.5% of Zid stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all Zid stores.
Top Shipping Carriers Used By Zid Stores
- Fedex is used by 0.1% of Zid stores.
- Aramex is used by 0.1% of Zid stores.
- UPS is used by 0.0% of Zid stores.
Here are the top 3 shipping carriers across all Zid stores.
Zid Store Top-level Domain Distribution
.com is the most popular top-level domain for Zid stores. This is not surprising since alternate top-level domains have only been introduced somewhat recently and there is still a certain cachet associated with .com domains.
That said, you'll find stark regional differences in certain countries. In Australia, .com.au is the most common top-level domain with .com a close second. This is the exception however as .com domains dominate in virtually all other countries.
- 82.8% of Zid stores have a .com domain.
- 5.8% of Zid stores have a .sa domain.
- 3.2% of Zid stores have a .net domain.
Top Zid Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by Zid, ordered by store rank.
New Zid Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to Zid From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Zid has taken 32 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to Zid from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Stores Switching from Zid To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Zid has lost 12 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top Zid stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on Zid stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the Zid stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on Zid stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.