The State of Webflow in 2023
Launched in 2013, Webflow is a modern website builder that allows people to easily create visually compelling websites using an online visual editor. Webflow added ecommerce functionality in February 2019.
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on Webflow usage.
- Webflow growth
- Social media usage on Webflow stores
- Contact information on Webflow stores
- Top categories for Webflow stores
- Top countries for Webflow stores
- Number of employees for Webflow stores
- Number of products sold for Webflow stores
- Top Webflow technologies
- Top Shipping Carriers used by Webflow stores
- Webflow store top-level domain distribution
- Top Webflow stores
- New Webflow stores
- Stores switching to Webflow from other platforms
- Stores switching from Webflow to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 8,711 live stores running on the Webflow platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running Webflow.
- Webflow stores increased 15.0% quarter-over-quarter in 2022 Q4.
- Webflow stores increased 84% year-over-year in 2022 Q4.
Cumulative Stores by Quarter
It's hard to know exactly when a Webflow store was first created but we use a heuristic combining DNS and WHOIS data that provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On Webflow Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Instagram is used by 54.5% of Webflow stores.
- Facebook is used by 40.0% of Webflow stores.
- LinkedIn is used by 14.8% of Webflow stores.
Contact Information On Webflow Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 61% of Webflow stores have an email on their website
- 39% of Webflow stores provide a phone number on their website
Top Categories For Webflow Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on Webflow.
- 9.1% of Webflow stores sell Business & Industrial products.
- 8.9% of Webflow stores sell Internet products.
- 7.0% of Webflow stores sell Food & Drink products.
Top Countries For Webflow Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using Webflow.
- 58.9% of Webflow stores are in United States
- 8.1% of Webflow stores are in United Kingdom
- 4.1% of Webflow stores are in Canada
- 3.5% of Webflow stores are in Australia
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For Webflow Stores
Here is the breakdown of Webflow stores by the number of employees.
- 8.4% of Webflow stores have 10 - 24 employees.
- 1.0% of Webflow stores have 1 - 9 employees.
- 0.1% of Webflow stores have 25 - 49 employees.
Number Of Products Sold For Webflow Stores
Here is the breakdown of Webflow stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 52.3% of Webflow stores sell 1 - 9 different products.
- 10.4% of Webflow stores sell 10 - 24 different products.
- 6.2% of Webflow stores sell 250000+ different products.
Top Technologies on Webflow Stores
We're tracking 153 different technologies that have 43,014 collective installs on Webflow stores.
- Apple Pay is used by 93.6% of Webflow stores.
- Cloudfront CDN is used by 84.3% of Webflow stores.
- Google Tag Manager is used by 51.6% of Webflow stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all Webflow stores.
Top Shipping Carriers Used By Webflow Stores
- USPS is used by 1.9% of Webflow stores.
- UPS is used by 1.5% of Webflow stores.
- Fedex is used by 1.0% of Webflow stores.
Here are the top 10 shipping carriers across all Webflow stores.
Webflow Store Top-level Domain Distribution
.com is the most popular top-level domain for Webflow stores. This is not surprising since alternate top-level domains have only been introduced somewhat recently and there is still a certain cachet associated with .com domains.
That said, you'll find stark regional differences in certain countries. In Australia, .com.au is the most common top-level domain with .com a close second. This is the exception however as .com domains dominate in virtually all other countries.
- 56.6% of Webflow stores have a .com domain.
- 9.8% of Webflow stores have a .io domain.
- 3.7% of Webflow stores have a .co.uk domain.
Top Webflow Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by Webflow, ordered by store rank.
New Webflow Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to Webflow From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Webflow has taken 100 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to Webflow from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Stores Switching from Webflow To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Webflow has lost 83 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top Webflow stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on Webflow stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the Webflow stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on Webflow stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.