The State of nopCommerce in 2021
nopCommerce is an open-source ecommerce solution based on Microsoft's ASP.NET Core framework and MS SQL Server 2012 backend Database. It provides a catalog frontend and an administration tool backend, allowing shopping cart creation.
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on nopCommerce usage.
- nopCommerce growth
- Social media usage on nopCommerce stores
- Contact information on nopCommerce stores
- Top categories for nopCommerce stores
- Top countries for nopCommerce stores
- Number of employees for nopCommerce stores
- Number of products sold for nopCommerce stores
- Top nopCommerce technologies
- nopCommerce store top-level domain distribution
- Top nopCommerce stores
- New nopCommerce stores
- Stores switching to nopCommerce from other platforms
- Stores switching from nopCommerce to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 8,314 live stores running on the nopCommerce platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running nopCommerce.
- nopCommerce stores increased 13.7% quarter-over-quarter in 2021 Q2.
- nopCommerce stores increased 38% year-over-year in 2021 Q2.
Cumulative Stores by Quarter
It's hard to know exactly when a nopCommerce store was first created but we use a heuristic combining DNS and WHOIS data that provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On nopCommerce Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Facebook is used by 53.8% of nopCommerce stores.
- Twitter is used by 26.3% of nopCommerce stores.
- Instagram is used by 23.0% of nopCommerce stores.
Contact Information On nopCommerce Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 47% of nopCommerce stores have an email on their website
- 41% of nopCommerce stores provide a phone number on their website
Top Categories For nopCommerce Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on nopCommerce.
- 8.4% of nopCommerce stores sell Home & Garden products.
- 7.3% of nopCommerce stores sell Apparel products.
- 5.9% of nopCommerce stores sell Food & Drink products.
Top Countries For nopCommerce Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using nopCommerce.
- 14.4% of nopCommerce stores are in United States
- 6.0% of nopCommerce stores are in United Kingdom
- 4.4% of nopCommerce stores are in Italy
- 3.9% of nopCommerce stores are in Canada
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For nopCommerce Stores
Here is the breakdown of nopCommerce stores by the number of employees.
- 0.5% of nopCommerce stores have 1 - 9 employees.
- 0.3% of nopCommerce stores have 25 - 49 employees.
- 0.3% of nopCommerce stores have 10 - 24 employees.
Number Of Products Sold For nopCommerce Stores
Here is the breakdown of nopCommerce stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 5.4% of nopCommerce stores sell 250 - 999 different products.
- 4.3% of nopCommerce stores sell 1000 - 4999 different products.
- 3.0% of nopCommerce stores sell 100 - 249 different products.
Top Technologies on nopCommerce Stores
We're tracking 116 different technologies that have 15,353 collective installs on nopCommerce stores.
- reCAPTCHA is used by 48.2% of nopCommerce stores.
- Google Tag Manager is used by 41.7% of nopCommerce stores.
- Google Analytics is used by 22.0% of nopCommerce stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all nopCommerce stores.
nopCommerce Store Top-level Domain Distribution
.com is the most popular top-level domain for nopCommerce stores. This is not surprising since alternate top-level domains have only been introduced somewhat recently and there is still a certain cachet associated with .com domains.
That said, you'll find stark regional differences in certain countries. In Australia, .com.au is the most common top-level domain with .com a close second. This is the exception however as .com domains dominate in virtually all other countries.
- 48.5% of nopCommerce stores have a .com domain.
- 4.3% of nopCommerce stores have a .co.uk domain.
- 3.5% of nopCommerce stores have a .it domain.
Top nopCommerce Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by nopCommerce, ordered by store rank.
New nopCommerce Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to nopCommerce From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, nopCommerce has taken 101 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to nopCommerce from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Stores Switching from nopCommerce To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, nopCommerce has lost 150 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top nopCommerce stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on nopCommerce stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the nopCommerce stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on nopCommerce stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.