The State of Thinkific in 2022
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on Thinkific usage.
- Thinkific growth
- Social media usage on Thinkific stores
- Contact information on Thinkific stores
- Top categories for Thinkific stores
- Top countries for Thinkific stores
- Number of employees for Thinkific stores
- Number of products sold for Thinkific stores
- Top Thinkific technologies
- Top Shipping Carriers used by Thinkific stores
- Thinkific store top-level domain distribution
- Top Thinkific stores
- New Thinkific stores
- Stores switching to Thinkific from other platforms
- Stores switching from Thinkific to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 28,095 live stores running on the Thinkific platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running Thinkific.
- Thinkific stores increased 126.0% quarter-over-quarter in 2022 Q1.
- Thinkific stores increased 197% year-over-year in 2022 Q1.
Cumulative Stores by Quarter
It's hard to know exactly when a Thinkific store was first created but we use a heuristic combining DNS and WHOIS data that provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On Thinkific Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Facebook is used by 17.3% of Thinkific stores.
- Instagram is used by 15.0% of Thinkific stores.
- YouTube is used by 6.7% of Thinkific stores.
Contact Information On Thinkific Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 14% of Thinkific stores have an email on their website
- 4% of Thinkific stores provide a phone number on their website
Top Categories For Thinkific Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on Thinkific.
- 45.3% of Thinkific stores sell Jobs & Education products.
- 8.1% of Thinkific stores sell People & Society products.
- 4.9% of Thinkific stores sell Business & Industrial products.
Top Countries For Thinkific Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using Thinkific.
- 3.7% of Thinkific stores are in United States
- 1.8% of Thinkific stores are in United Kingdom
- 1.6% of Thinkific stores are in Canada
- 1.2% of Thinkific stores are in Australia
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For Thinkific Stores
Here is the breakdown of Thinkific stores by the number of employees.
- 0.3% of Thinkific stores have 1 - 9 employees.
- 0.2% of Thinkific stores have 10 - 24 employees.
- 0.1% of Thinkific stores have 25 - 49 employees.
Number Of Products Sold For Thinkific Stores
Here is the breakdown of Thinkific stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 2.3% of Thinkific stores sell 1 - 9 different products.
- 0.4% of Thinkific stores sell 10 - 24 different products.
- 0.2% of Thinkific stores sell 25 - 49 different products.
Top Technologies on Thinkific Stores
We're tracking 119 different technologies that have 86,633 collective installs on Thinkific stores.
- Google Analytics is used by 99.2% of Thinkific stores.
- Cloudfront CDN is used by 99.0% of Thinkific stores.
- reCAPTCHA is used by 52.8% of Thinkific stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all Thinkific stores.
Top Shipping Carriers Used By Thinkific Stores
- USPS is used by 0.0% of Thinkific stores.
- Fedex is used by 0.0% of Thinkific stores.
- UPS is used by 0.0% of Thinkific stores.
Here are the top 9 shipping carriers across all Thinkific stores.
Thinkific Store Top-level Domain Distribution
.com is the most popular top-level domain for Thinkific stores. This is not surprising since alternate top-level domains have only been introduced somewhat recently and there is still a certain cachet associated with .com domains.
That said, you'll find stark regional differences in certain countries. In Australia, .com.au is the most common top-level domain with .com a close second. This is the exception however as .com domains dominate in virtually all other countries.
- 86.0% of Thinkific stores have a .com domain.
- 2.5% of Thinkific stores have a .org domain.
- 1.0% of Thinkific stores have a .ca domain.
Top Thinkific Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by Thinkific, ordered by store rank.
New Thinkific Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to Thinkific From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Thinkific has taken 1,027 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to Thinkific from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Stores Switching from Thinkific To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Thinkific has lost 37 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top Thinkific stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on Thinkific stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the Thinkific stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on Thinkific stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.