The State of Teachable in 2021
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on Teachable usage.
- Teachable growth
- Social media usage on Teachable stores
- Contact information on Teachable stores
- Top categories for Teachable stores
- Top countries for Teachable stores
- Number of employees for Teachable stores
- Number of products sold for Teachable stores
- Top Teachable technologies
- Top Shipping Carriers used by Teachable stores
- Teachable store top-level domain distribution
- Top Teachable stores
- New Teachable stores
- Stores switching to Teachable from other platforms
- Stores switching from Teachable to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 8,891 live stores running on the Teachable platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running Teachable.
- Teachable stores increased 4.3% quarter-over-quarter in 2021 Q3.
- Teachable stores increased 77% year-over-year in 2021 Q3.
Cumulative Stores by Quarter
It's hard to know exactly when a Teachable store was first created but we use a heuristic combining DNS and WHOIS data that provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On Teachable Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Facebook is used by 6.5% of Teachable stores.
- Instagram is used by 4.6% of Teachable stores.
- YouTube is used by 3.1% of Teachable stores.
Contact Information On Teachable Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 2% of Teachable stores provide a phone number on their website
- 0% of Teachable stores have an email on their website
Top Categories For Teachable Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on Teachable.
- 35.8% of Teachable stores sell Jobs & Education products.
- 10.3% of Teachable stores sell People & Society products.
- 5.0% of Teachable stores sell Beauty & Fitness products.
Top Countries For Teachable Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using Teachable.
- 2.4% of Teachable stores are in United States
- 1.6% of Teachable stores are in United Kingdom
- 1.0% of Teachable stores are in Australia
- 0.8% of Teachable stores are in India
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For Teachable Stores
Here is the breakdown of Teachable stores by the number of employees.
- 0.6% of Teachable stores have 1 - 9 employees.
- 0.2% of Teachable stores have 10 - 24 employees.
- 0.2% of Teachable stores have 50 - 99 employees.
Number Of Products Sold For Teachable Stores
Here is the breakdown of Teachable stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 1.1% of Teachable stores sell 100 - 249 different products.
- 0.8% of Teachable stores sell 250 - 999 different products.
- 0.7% of Teachable stores sell 25 - 49 different products.
Top Technologies on Teachable Stores
We're tracking 78 different technologies that have 24,497 collective installs on Teachable stores.
- Teachable is used by 99.3% of Teachable stores.
- Google Analytics is used by 98.4% of Teachable stores.
- Facebook Pixel is used by 29.7% of Teachable stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all Teachable stores.
Top Shipping Carriers Used By Teachable Stores
- UPS is used by 0.4% of Teachable stores.
- USPS is used by 0.0% of Teachable stores.
- Fedex is used by 0.0% of Teachable stores.
Here are the top 5 shipping carriers across all Teachable stores.
Teachable Store Top-level Domain Distribution
.com is the most popular top-level domain for Teachable stores. This is not surprising since alternate top-level domains have only been introduced somewhat recently and there is still a certain cachet associated with .com domains.
That said, you'll find stark regional differences in certain countries. In Australia, .com.au is the most common top-level domain with .com a close second. This is the exception however as .com domains dominate in virtually all other countries.
- 78.0% of Teachable stores have a .com domain.
- 3.0% of Teachable stores have a .org domain.
- 1.6% of Teachable stores have a .net domain.
Top Teachable Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by Teachable, ordered by store rank.
New Teachable Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to Teachable From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Teachable has taken 51 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to Teachable from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Stores Switching from Teachable To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Teachable has lost 9 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top Teachable stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on Teachable stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the Teachable stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on Teachable stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.