The State of BaseKit in 2023
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on BaseKit usage.
- BaseKit growth
- Social media usage on BaseKit stores
- Contact information on BaseKit stores
- Top categories for BaseKit stores
- Top countries for BaseKit stores
- Number of employees for BaseKit stores
- Number of products sold for BaseKit stores
- Top BaseKit technologies
- Top Shipping Carriers used by BaseKit stores
- BaseKit store top-level domain distribution
- Top BaseKit stores
- New BaseKit stores
- Stores switching to BaseKit from other platforms
- Stores switching from BaseKit to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 67,196 live stores running on the BaseKit platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running BaseKit.
- BaseKit stores increased 7.2% quarter-over-quarter in 2022 Q4.
- BaseKit stores increased 49% year-over-year in 2022 Q4.
Cumulative Stores by Quarter
It's hard to know exactly when a BaseKit store was first created but we use a heuristic combining DNS and WHOIS data that provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On BaseKit Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Facebook is used by 28.5% of BaseKit stores.
- Instagram is used by 19.9% of BaseKit stores.
- YouTube is used by 4.7% of BaseKit stores.
Contact Information On BaseKit Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 57% of BaseKit stores have an email on their website
- 51% of BaseKit stores provide a phone number on their website
Top Categories For BaseKit Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on BaseKit.
- 2.5% of BaseKit stores sell Arts & Entertainment products.
- 2.4% of BaseKit stores sell Home & Garden products.
- 2.4% of BaseKit stores sell Business & Industrial products.
Top Countries For BaseKit Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using BaseKit.
- 17.5% of BaseKit stores are in Switzerland
- 16.4% of BaseKit stores are in Spain
- 12.7% of BaseKit stores are in United Kingdom
- 11.7% of BaseKit stores are in Italy
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For BaseKit Stores
Here is the breakdown of BaseKit stores by the number of employees.
- 0.1% of BaseKit stores have 1 - 9 employees.
- 0.1% of BaseKit stores have 10 - 24 employees.
- 0.1% of BaseKit stores have 250 - 999 employees.
Number Of Products Sold For BaseKit Stores
Here is the breakdown of BaseKit stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 70.4% of BaseKit stores sell 1 - 9 different products.
- 1.7% of BaseKit stores sell 10 - 24 different products.
- 0.7% of BaseKit stores sell 25 - 49 different products.
Top Technologies on BaseKit Stores
We're tracking 116 different technologies that have 19,667 collective installs on BaseKit stores.
- YouTube Player is used by 11.2% of BaseKit stores.
- Google Tag Manager is used by 4.1% of BaseKit stores.
- Google Adsense is used by 3.6% of BaseKit stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all BaseKit stores.
Top Shipping Carriers Used By BaseKit Stores
- Correos is used by 0.2% of BaseKit stores.
- Royal Mail is used by 0.2% of BaseKit stores.
- UPS is used by 0.1% of BaseKit stores.
Here are the top 10 shipping carriers across all BaseKit stores.
BaseKit Store Top-level Domain Distribution
.com is the most popular top-level domain for BaseKit stores. This is not surprising since alternate top-level domains have only been introduced somewhat recently and there is still a certain cachet associated with .com domains.
That said, you'll find stark regional differences in certain countries. In Australia, .com.au is the most common top-level domain with .com a close second. This is the exception however as .com domains dominate in virtually all other countries.
- 24.6% of BaseKit stores have a .com domain.
- 16.6% of BaseKit stores have a .ch domain.
- 9.4% of BaseKit stores have a .it domain.
Top BaseKit Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by BaseKit, ordered by store rank.
New BaseKit Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to BaseKit From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, BaseKit has taken 88 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to BaseKit from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Stores Switching from BaseKit To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, BaseKit has lost 185 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top BaseKit stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on BaseKit stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the BaseKit stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on BaseKit stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.