The State of Zen Cart in 2023
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on Zen Cart usage.
- Zen Cart growth
- Social media usage on Zen Cart stores
- Contact information on Zen Cart stores
- Top categories for Zen Cart stores
- Top countries for Zen Cart stores
- Number of employees for Zen Cart stores
- Number of products sold for Zen Cart stores
- Top Zen Cart technologies
- Top Shipping Carriers used by Zen Cart stores
- Zen Cart store top-level domain distribution
- Top Zen Cart stores
- New Zen Cart stores
- Stores switching to Zen Cart from other platforms
- Stores switching from Zen Cart to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
Zen Cart Growth
At present, there are 6,792 live stores running on the Zen Cart platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running Zen Cart.
Active Stores by Quarter
Note: the store counts displayed in this section are based on actual historical store counts.
It's hard to know exactly when a Zen Cart store was first created but we use a heuristic that includes historical DNS data which provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On Zen Cart Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Facebook is used by 11.5% of Zen Cart stores.
- Twitter is used by 6.7% of Zen Cart stores.
- Instagram is used by 5.7% of Zen Cart stores.
Contact Information On Zen Cart Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 23% of Zen Cart stores provide a phone number on their website
- 14% of Zen Cart stores have an email on their website
Top Categories For Zen Cart Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on Zen Cart.
- 30.5% of Zen Cart stores sell Apparel products.
- 7.0% of Zen Cart stores sell Home & Garden products.
- 5.8% of Zen Cart stores sell Sports products.
Top Countries For Zen Cart Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using Zen Cart.
- 9.5% of Zen Cart stores are in United States
- 3.9% of Zen Cart stores are in United Kingdom
- 3.0% of Zen Cart stores are in Japan
- 2.7% of Zen Cart stores are in China
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For Zen Cart Stores
Here is the breakdown of Zen Cart stores by the number of employees.
- 99.2% of Zen Cart stores have Unknown employees.
- 0.4% of Zen Cart stores have 1 - 9 employees.
- 0.2% of Zen Cart stores have 50 - 99 employees.
Number Of Products Sold For Zen Cart Stores
Here is the breakdown of Zen Cart stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 10.8% of Zen Cart stores sell 250 - 999 different products.
- 8.0% of Zen Cart stores sell 100 - 249 different products.
- 7.7% of Zen Cart stores sell 1 - 9 different products.
Top Technologies on Zen Cart Stores
We're tracking 111 different technologies that have 13,310 collective installs on Zen Cart stores.
- Cloudflare is used by 46.1% of Zen Cart stores.
- Cloudflare CDN is used by 45.6% of Zen Cart stores.
- Google Adsense is used by 14.9% of Zen Cart stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all Zen Cart stores.
Top Shipping Carriers Used By Zen Cart Stores
- UPS is used by 5.4% of Zen Cart stores.
- Fedex is used by 2.4% of Zen Cart stores.
- USPS is used by 2.3% of Zen Cart stores.
Here are the top 10 shipping carriers across all Zen Cart stores.
Zen Cart Store Top-level Domain Distribution
.com is the most popular top-level domain for Zen Cart stores. This is not surprising since alternate top-level domains have only been introduced somewhat recently and there is still a certain cachet associated with .com domains.
That said, you'll find stark regional differences in certain countries. In Australia, .com.au is the most common top-level domain with .com a close second. This is the exception however as .com domains dominate in virtually all other countries.
- 50.0% of Zen Cart stores have a .com domain.
- 6.9% of Zen Cart stores have a .shop domain.
- 4.1% of Zen Cart stores have a .life domain.
Top Zen Cart Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by Zen Cart, ordered by store rank.
New Zen Cart Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to Zen Cart From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Zen Cart has taken 3,429 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to Zen Cart from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Stores Switching from Zen Cart To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Zen Cart has lost 44 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top Zen Cart stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on Zen Cart stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the Zen Cart stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on Zen Cart stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.