The State of SHOPLINE in 2022
SHOPLINE provides a total commerce solution and customised services to support businesses of all sizes to go online and go global.
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on SHOPLINE usage.
- SHOPLINE growth
- Social media usage on SHOPLINE stores
- Contact information on SHOPLINE stores
- Top categories for SHOPLINE stores
- Top countries for SHOPLINE stores
- Number of employees for SHOPLINE stores
- Number of products sold for SHOPLINE stores
- Top SHOPLINE technologies
- Top Shipping Carriers used by SHOPLINE stores
- SHOPLINE store top-level domain distribution
- Top SHOPLINE stores
- New SHOPLINE stores
- Stores switching to SHOPLINE from other platforms
- Stores switching from SHOPLINE to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 30,312 live stores running on the SHOPLINE platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running SHOPLINE.
- SHOPLINE stores increased 58.5% quarter-over-quarter in 2022 Q3.
- SHOPLINE stores increased 107% year-over-year in 2022 Q3.
Cumulative Stores by Quarter
It's hard to know exactly when a SHOPLINE store was first created but we use a heuristic combining DNS and WHOIS data that provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On SHOPLINE Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Facebook is used by 27.9% of SHOPLINE stores.
- Instagram is used by 20.9% of SHOPLINE stores.
- YouTube is used by 4.7% of SHOPLINE stores.
Contact Information On SHOPLINE Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 38% of SHOPLINE stores have an email on their website
- 31% of SHOPLINE stores provide a phone number on their website
Top Categories For SHOPLINE Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on SHOPLINE.
- 21.9% of SHOPLINE stores sell Apparel products.
- 7.4% of SHOPLINE stores sell Home & Garden products.
- 7.0% of SHOPLINE stores sell Food & Drink products.
Top Countries For SHOPLINE Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using SHOPLINE.
- 27.1% of SHOPLINE stores are in Taiwan
- 20.6% of SHOPLINE stores are in United States
- 13.4% of SHOPLINE stores are in Hong Kong
- 12.7% of SHOPLINE stores are in Japan
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For SHOPLINE Stores
Here is the breakdown of SHOPLINE stores by the number of employees.
- 0.3% of SHOPLINE stores have 1 - 9 employees.
- 0.2% of SHOPLINE stores have 10 - 24 employees.
- 0.1% of SHOPLINE stores have 50 - 99 employees.
Number Of Products Sold For SHOPLINE Stores
Here is the breakdown of SHOPLINE stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 15.9% of SHOPLINE stores sell 1 - 9 different products.
- 11.5% of SHOPLINE stores sell 100 - 249 different products.
- 10.1% of SHOPLINE stores sell 25 - 49 different products.
Top Technologies on SHOPLINE Stores
We're tracking 91 different technologies that have 170,450 collective installs on SHOPLINE stores.
- Facebook Pixel is used by 60.0% of SHOPLINE stores.
- Cloudflare CDN is used by 52.2% of SHOPLINE stores.
- Cloudfront CDN is used by 44.5% of SHOPLINE stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all SHOPLINE stores.
Top Shipping Carriers Used By SHOPLINE Stores
- USPS is used by 5.2% of SHOPLINE stores.
- Fedex is used by 4.1% of SHOPLINE stores.
- UPS is used by 3.9% of SHOPLINE stores.
Here are the top 10 shipping carriers across all SHOPLINE stores.
SHOPLINE Store Top-level Domain Distribution
.com is the most popular top-level domain for SHOPLINE stores. This is not surprising since alternate top-level domains have only been introduced somewhat recently and there is still a certain cachet associated with .com domains.
That said, you'll find stark regional differences in certain countries. In Australia, .com.au is the most common top-level domain with .com a close second. This is the exception however as .com domains dominate in virtually all other countries.
- 53.5% of SHOPLINE stores have a .com domain.
- 10.9% of SHOPLINE stores have a .shop domain.
- 7.0% of SHOPLINE stores have a .com.tw domain.
Top SHOPLINE Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by SHOPLINE, ordered by store rank.
New SHOPLINE Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to SHOPLINE From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, SHOPLINE has taken 1,850 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to SHOPLINE from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Stores Switching from SHOPLINE To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, SHOPLINE has lost 485 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top SHOPLINE stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on SHOPLINE stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the SHOPLINE stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on SHOPLINE stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.