The State of ShopBase in 2022
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on ShopBase usage.
- ShopBase growth
- Social media usage on ShopBase stores
- Contact information on ShopBase stores
- Top categories for ShopBase stores
- Top countries for ShopBase stores
- Number of employees for ShopBase stores
- Number of products sold for ShopBase stores
- Top ShopBase technologies
- Top Shipping Carriers used by ShopBase stores
- ShopBase store top-level domain distribution
- Top ShopBase stores
- New ShopBase stores
- Stores switching to ShopBase from other platforms
- Stores switching from ShopBase to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 5,578 live stores running on the ShopBase platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running ShopBase.
- ShopBase stores increased 51.3% quarter-over-quarter in 2022 Q2.
- ShopBase stores increased 294% year-over-year in 2022 Q2.
Cumulative Stores by Quarter
It's hard to know exactly when a ShopBase store was first created but we use a heuristic combining DNS and WHOIS data that provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On ShopBase Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Facebook is used by 7.5% of ShopBase stores.
- Instagram is used by 4.4% of ShopBase stores.
- Pinterest is used by 2.6% of ShopBase stores.
Contact Information On ShopBase Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 85% of ShopBase stores have an email on their website
- 55% of ShopBase stores provide a phone number on their website
Top Categories For ShopBase Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on ShopBase.
- 40.4% of ShopBase stores sell Apparel products.
- 15.7% of ShopBase stores sell Home & Garden products.
- 5.1% of ShopBase stores sell Gifts & Special Events products.
Top Countries For ShopBase Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using ShopBase.
- 23.1% of ShopBase stores are in United States
- 3.9% of ShopBase stores are in Vietnam
- 1.7% of ShopBase stores are in United Kingdom
- 0.7% of ShopBase stores are in China
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For ShopBase Stores
Here is the breakdown of ShopBase stores by the number of employees.
- 0.1% of ShopBase stores have 1 - 9 employees.
- 0.1% of ShopBase stores have 25 - 49 employees.
- 0.0% of ShopBase stores have 1000 - 4999 employees.
Number Of Products Sold For ShopBase Stores
Here is the breakdown of ShopBase stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 14.8% of ShopBase stores sell 1 - 9 different products.
- 2.3% of ShopBase stores sell 250 - 999 different products.
- 2.3% of ShopBase stores sell 1000 - 4999 different products.
Top Technologies on ShopBase Stores
We're tracking 51 different technologies that have 17,813 collective installs on ShopBase stores.
- Cloudfront CDN is used by 96.8% of ShopBase stores.
- Vue Storefront is used by 93.5% of ShopBase stores.
- Google Tag Manager is used by 38.8% of ShopBase stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all ShopBase stores.
Top Shipping Carriers Used By ShopBase Stores
- USPS is used by 98.1% of ShopBase stores.
- UPS is used by 5.9% of ShopBase stores.
- Fedex is used by 5.7% of ShopBase stores.
Here are the top 9 shipping carriers across all ShopBase stores.
ShopBase Store Top-level Domain Distribution
.com is the most popular top-level domain for ShopBase stores. This is not surprising since alternate top-level domains have only been introduced somewhat recently and there is still a certain cachet associated with .com domains.
That said, you'll find stark regional differences in certain countries. In Australia, .com.au is the most common top-level domain with .com a close second. This is the exception however as .com domains dominate in virtually all other countries.
- 75.3% of ShopBase stores have a .com domain.
- 6.5% of ShopBase stores have a .shop domain.
- 3.9% of ShopBase stores have a .co domain.
Top ShopBase Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by ShopBase, ordered by store rank.
New ShopBase Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to ShopBase From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, ShopBase has taken 548 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to ShopBase from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Stores Switching from ShopBase To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, ShopBase has lost 637 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top ShopBase stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on ShopBase stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the ShopBase stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on ShopBase stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.