The State of VTEX in 2022
VTEX is the first and only fully integrated commerce, marketplace and OMS solution that offers fastest time-to-revenue and no upgrades.
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on VTEX usage.
- VTEX growth
- Social media usage on VTEX stores
- Contact information on VTEX stores
- Top categories for VTEX stores
- Top countries for VTEX stores
- Number of employees for VTEX stores
- Number of products sold for VTEX stores
- Top VTEX technologies
- Top Shipping Carriers used by VTEX stores
- VTEX store top-level domain distribution
- Top VTEX stores
- New VTEX stores
- Stores switching to VTEX from other platforms
- Stores switching from VTEX to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 6,040 live stores running on the VTEX platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running VTEX.
- VTEX stores increased 1.0% quarter-over-quarter in 2022 Q2.
- VTEX stores increased 15% year-over-year in 2022 Q2.
Cumulative Stores by Quarter
It's hard to know exactly when a VTEX store was first created but we use a heuristic combining DNS and WHOIS data that provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On VTEX Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Instagram is used by 69.5% of VTEX stores.
- Facebook is used by 56.8% of VTEX stores.
- YouTube is used by 36.0% of VTEX stores.
Contact Information On VTEX Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 63% of VTEX stores provide a phone number on their website
- 55% of VTEX stores have an email on their website
Top Categories For VTEX Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on VTEX.
- 12.6% of VTEX stores sell Apparel products.
- 5.5% of VTEX stores sell Home & Garden products.
- 3.1% of VTEX stores sell Beauty & Fitness products.
Top Countries For VTEX Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using VTEX.
- 65.5% of VTEX stores are in Brazil
- 6.9% of VTEX stores are in Colombia
- 5.5% of VTEX stores are in Argentina
- 4.6% of VTEX stores are in Chile
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For VTEX Stores
Here is the breakdown of VTEX stores by the number of employees.
- 5.1% of VTEX stores have 250 - 999 employees.
- 3.7% of VTEX stores have 100 - 249 employees.
- 3.6% of VTEX stores have 5000+ employees.
Number Of Products Sold For VTEX Stores
Here is the breakdown of VTEX stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 18.8% of VTEX stores sell 250 - 999 different products.
- 15.8% of VTEX stores sell 1000 - 4999 different products.
- 10.6% of VTEX stores sell 100 - 249 different products.
Top Technologies on VTEX Stores
We're tracking 119 different technologies that have 29,110 collective installs on VTEX stores.
- Google Tag Manager is used by 87.1% of VTEX stores.
- Cloudfront CDN is used by 70.7% of VTEX stores.
- Facebook Pixel is used by 64.7% of VTEX stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all VTEX stores.
Top Shipping Carriers Used By VTEX Stores
- Correios is used by 5.2% of VTEX stores.
- Fedex is used by 0.8% of VTEX stores.
- UPS is used by 0.8% of VTEX stores.
Here are the top 9 shipping carriers across all VTEX stores.
VTEX Store Top-level Domain Distribution
Here is the top-level domain distribution for VTEX stores.
- 59.6% of VTEX stores have a .com.br domain.
- 16.0% of VTEX stores have a .com domain.
- 3.9% of VTEX stores have a .cl domain.
Top VTEX Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by VTEX, ordered by store rank.
New VTEX Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to VTEX From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, VTEX has taken 84 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to VTEX from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Stores Switching from VTEX To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, VTEX has lost 550 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top VTEX stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on VTEX stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the VTEX stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on VTEX stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.