The State of MakeShop in 2021
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on MakeShop usage.
- MakeShop growth
- Social media usage on MakeShop stores
- Contact information on MakeShop stores
- Top categories for MakeShop stores
- Top countries for MakeShop stores
- Number of employees for MakeShop stores
- Number of products sold for MakeShop stores
- Top MakeShop technologies
- Top Shipping Carriers used by MakeShop stores
- MakeShop store top-level domain distribution
- Top MakeShop stores
- New MakeShop stores
- Stores switching to MakeShop from other platforms
- Stores switching from MakeShop to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 3,740 live stores running on the MakeShop platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running MakeShop.
- MakeShop stores increased 3.6% quarter-over-quarter in 2021 Q2.
- MakeShop stores increased 13% year-over-year in 2021 Q2.
Cumulative Stores by Quarter
It's hard to know exactly when a MakeShop store was first created but we use a heuristic combining DNS and WHOIS data that provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On MakeShop Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Instagram is used by 21.7% of MakeShop stores.
- Facebook is used by 13.7% of MakeShop stores.
- YouTube is used by 3.7% of MakeShop stores.
Contact Information On MakeShop Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 31% of MakeShop stores have an email on their website
- 1% of MakeShop stores provide a phone number on their website
Top Categories For MakeShop Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on MakeShop.
- 20.8% of MakeShop stores sell Beauty & Fitness products.
- 15.2% of MakeShop stores sell Apparel products.
- 0.6% of MakeShop stores sell Home & Garden products.
Top Countries For MakeShop Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using MakeShop.
- 55.8% of MakeShop stores are in Korea (the Republic of)
- 0.1% of MakeShop stores are in United States
- 0.1% of MakeShop stores are in China
- 0.1% of MakeShop stores are in Japan
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For MakeShop Stores
Here is the breakdown of MakeShop stores by the number of employees.
- 0.0% of MakeShop stores have 5000+ employees.
Number Of Products Sold For MakeShop Stores
Here is the breakdown of MakeShop stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 1.8% of MakeShop stores sell 10000 - 24999 different products.
- 1.4% of MakeShop stores sell 25000 - 99999 different products.
- 1.1% of MakeShop stores sell 250 - 999 different products.
Top Technologies on MakeShop Stores
We're tracking 20 different technologies that have 3,034 collective installs on MakeShop stores.
- Facebook Pixel is used by 22.4% of MakeShop stores.
- Google Tag Manager is used by 16.1% of MakeShop stores.
- Google Analytics is used by 10.7% of MakeShop stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all MakeShop stores.
Top Shipping Carriers Used By MakeShop Stores
- UPS is used by 0.2% of MakeShop stores.
Here are the top 1 shipping carriers across all MakeShop stores.
MakeShop Store Top-level Domain Distribution
Here is the top-level domain distribution for MakeShop stores.
- 46.4% of MakeShop stores have a .co.kr domain.
- 39.3% of MakeShop stores have a .com domain.
- 8.6% of MakeShop stores have a .kr domain.
Top MakeShop Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by MakeShop, ordered by store rank.
New MakeShop Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to MakeShop From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, MakeShop has taken 308 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to MakeShop from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Stores Switching from MakeShop To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, MakeShop has lost 13 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top MakeShop stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on MakeShop stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the MakeShop stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on MakeShop stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.