The State of I'm Web in 2023
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on I'm Web usage.
- I'm Web growth
- Social media usage on I'm Web stores
- Contact information on I'm Web stores
- Top categories for I'm Web stores
- Top countries for I'm Web stores
- Number of employees for I'm Web stores
- Number of products sold for I'm Web stores
- Top I'm Web technologies
- Top Shipping Carriers used by I'm Web stores
- I'm Web store top-level domain distribution
- Top I'm Web stores
- New I'm Web stores
- Stores switching to I'm Web from other platforms
- Stores switching from I'm Web to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
I'm Web Growth
At present, there are 14,511 live stores running on the I'm Web platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running I'm Web.
- I'm Web stores increased 8.8% quarter-over-quarter in 2022 Q4.
- I'm Web stores increased 37% year-over-year in 2022 Q4.
Cumulative Stores by Quarter
It's hard to know exactly when a I'm Web store was first created but we use a heuristic combining DNS and WHOIS data that provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On I'm Web Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Instagram is used by 36.7% of I'm Web stores.
- YouTube is used by 13.4% of I'm Web stores.
- Facebook is used by 12.4% of I'm Web stores.
Contact Information On I'm Web Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 39% of I'm Web stores have an email on their website
- 35% of I'm Web stores provide a phone number on their website
Top Categories For I'm Web Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on I'm Web.
- 1.4% of I'm Web stores sell Food & Drink products.
- 1.4% of I'm Web stores sell Apparel products.
- 1.3% of I'm Web stores sell Beauty & Fitness products.
Top Countries For I'm Web Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using I'm Web.
- 35.1% of I'm Web stores are in Korea (the Republic of)
- 0.5% of I'm Web stores are in Montenegro
- 0.3% of I'm Web stores are in United States
- 0.1% of I'm Web stores are in Japan
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For I'm Web Stores
Here is the breakdown of I'm Web stores by the number of employees.
- 0.2% of I'm Web stores have 1 - 9 employees.
- 0.2% of I'm Web stores have 10 - 24 employees.
- 0.1% of I'm Web stores have 100 - 249 employees.
Number Of Products Sold For I'm Web Stores
Here is the breakdown of I'm Web stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 35.1% of I'm Web stores sell 1 - 9 different products.
- 12.1% of I'm Web stores sell 100 - 249 different products.
- 11.8% of I'm Web stores sell 10 - 24 different products.
Top Technologies on I'm Web Stores
We're tracking 51 different technologies that have 42,263 collective installs on I'm Web stores.
- Vimeo is used by 98.7% of I'm Web stores.
- Cloudfront CDN is used by 88.1% of I'm Web stores.
- Google Tag Manager is used by 22.2% of I'm Web stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all I'm Web stores.
Top Shipping Carriers Used By I'm Web Stores
- UPS is used by 0.1% of I'm Web stores.
- Fedex is used by 0.1% of I'm Web stores.
- USPS is used by 0.0% of I'm Web stores.
Here are the top 6 shipping carriers across all I'm Web stores.
I'm Web Store Top-level Domain Distribution
.com is the most popular top-level domain for I'm Web stores. This is not surprising since alternate top-level domains have only been introduced somewhat recently and there is still a certain cachet associated with .com domains.
That said, you'll find stark regional differences in certain countries. In Australia, .com.au is the most common top-level domain with .com a close second. This is the exception however as .com domains dominate in virtually all other countries.
- 56.5% of I'm Web stores have a .com domain.
- 21.6% of I'm Web stores have a .co.kr domain.
- 8.9% of I'm Web stores have a .kr domain.
Top I'm Web Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by I'm Web, ordered by store rank.
New I'm Web Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to I'm Web From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, I'm Web has taken 159 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to I'm Web from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Stores Switching from I'm Web To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, I'm Web has lost 47 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top I'm Web stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on I'm Web stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the I'm Web stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on I'm Web stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.