The State of Commerce7 in 2022
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on Commerce7 usage.
- Commerce7 growth
- Social media usage on Commerce7 stores
- Contact information on Commerce7 stores
- Top categories for Commerce7 stores
- Top countries for Commerce7 stores
- Number of employees for Commerce7 stores
- Number of products sold for Commerce7 stores
- Top Commerce7 technologies
- Top Shipping Carriers used by Commerce7 stores
- Commerce7 store top-level domain distribution
- Top Commerce7 stores
- New Commerce7 stores
- Stores switching to Commerce7 from other platforms
- Stores switching from Commerce7 to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 656 live stores running on the Commerce7 platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running Commerce7.
- Commerce7 stores increased 4.5% quarter-over-quarter in 2022 Q1.
- Commerce7 stores increased 23% year-over-year in 2022 Q1.
Cumulative Stores by Quarter
It's hard to know exactly when a Commerce7 store was first created but we use a heuristic combining DNS and WHOIS data that provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On Commerce7 Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Instagram is used by 79.0% of Commerce7 stores.
- Facebook is used by 76.4% of Commerce7 stores.
- Twitter is used by 36.3% of Commerce7 stores.
Contact Information On Commerce7 Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 81% of Commerce7 stores provide a phone number on their website
- 67% of Commerce7 stores have an email on their website
Top Categories For Commerce7 Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on Commerce7.
- 87.7% of Commerce7 stores sell Food & Drink products.
- 2.9% of Commerce7 stores sell Travel products.
- 1.1% of Commerce7 stores sell Home & Garden products.
Top Countries For Commerce7 Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using Commerce7.
- 56.9% of Commerce7 stores are in United States
- 6.9% of Commerce7 stores are in Canada
- 5.9% of Commerce7 stores are in Australia
- 2.7% of Commerce7 stores are in South Africa
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For Commerce7 Stores
Here is the breakdown of Commerce7 stores by the number of employees.
- 1.8% of Commerce7 stores have 25 - 49 employees.
- 0.9% of Commerce7 stores have 1 - 9 employees.
- 0.6% of Commerce7 stores have 50 - 99 employees.
Number Of Products Sold For Commerce7 Stores
Here is the breakdown of Commerce7 stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 23.5% of Commerce7 stores sell 1 - 9 different products.
- 13.9% of Commerce7 stores sell 10 - 24 different products.
- 11.0% of Commerce7 stores sell 25 - 49 different products.
Top Technologies on Commerce7 Stores
We're tracking 53 different technologies that have 2,190 collective installs on Commerce7 stores.
- Google Tag Manager is used by 63.1% of Commerce7 stores.
- Yoast is used by 58.2% of Commerce7 stores.
- Google Analytics is used by 50.6% of Commerce7 stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all Commerce7 stores.
Top Shipping Carriers Used By Commerce7 Stores
- UPS is used by 13.0% of Commerce7 stores.
- Fedex is used by 8.8% of Commerce7 stores.
- Australia Post is used by 2.7% of Commerce7 stores.
Here are the top 6 shipping carriers across all Commerce7 stores.
Commerce7 Store Top-level Domain Distribution
.com is the most popular top-level domain for Commerce7 stores. This is not surprising since alternate top-level domains have only been introduced somewhat recently and there is still a certain cachet associated with .com domains.
That said, you'll find stark regional differences in certain countries. In Australia, .com.au is the most common top-level domain with .com a close second. This is the exception however as .com domains dominate in virtually all other countries.
- 86.6% of Commerce7 stores have a .com domain.
- 5.5% of Commerce7 stores have a .com.au domain.
- 2.3% of Commerce7 stores have a .ca domain.
Top Commerce7 Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by Commerce7, ordered by store rank.
New Commerce7 Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to Commerce7 From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Commerce7 has taken 161 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to Commerce7 from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Stores Switching from Commerce7 To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Commerce7 has lost 4 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top Commerce7 stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on Commerce7 stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the Commerce7 stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on Commerce7 stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.