The State of Spring in 2022
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on Spring usage.
- Spring growth
- Social media usage on Spring stores
- Contact information on Spring stores
- Top categories for Spring stores
- Top countries for Spring stores
- Number of employees for Spring stores
- Number of products sold for Spring stores
- Top Spring technologies
- Spring store top-level domain distribution
- Top Spring stores
- New Spring stores
- Stores switching to Spring from other platforms
- Stores switching from Spring to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 35,434 live stores running on the Spring platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running Spring.
- Spring stores increased 43.4% quarter-over-quarter in 2022 Q3.
- Spring stores increased 480% year-over-year in 2022 Q3.
Cumulative Stores by Quarter
It's hard to know exactly when a Spring store was first created but we use a heuristic combining DNS and WHOIS data that provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On Spring Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- LinkedIn is used by 0.1% of Spring stores.
- Facebook is used by 0.0% of Spring stores.
- Instagram is used by 0.0% of Spring stores.
Contact Information On Spring Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 0% of Spring stores provide a phone number on their website
- 0% of Spring stores have an email on their website
Top Categories For Spring Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on Spring.
- 0.3% of Spring stores sell Apparel products.
- 0.1% of Spring stores sell Arts & Entertainment products.
- 0.0% of Spring stores sell People & Society products.
Top Countries For Spring Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using Spring.
- 0.5% of Spring stores are in United States
- 0.3% of Spring stores are in Montenegro
- 0.3% of Spring stores are in Canada
- 0.1% of Spring stores are in Tokelau
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For Spring Stores
Here is the breakdown of Spring stores by the number of employees.
- 0.1% of Spring stores have 1 - 9 employees.
- 0.0% of Spring stores have 10 - 24 employees.
- 0.0% of Spring stores have 25 - 49 employees.
Number Of Products Sold For Spring Stores
Here is the breakdown of Spring stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 42.6% of Spring stores sell 1 - 9 different products.
- 5.7% of Spring stores sell 10 - 24 different products.
- 3.1% of Spring stores sell 250000+ different products.
Top Technologies on Spring Stores
We're tracking 27 different technologies that have 57,061 collective installs on Spring stores.
- Optimizely is used by 98.8% of Spring stores.
- Cloudfront CDN is used by 61.5% of Spring stores.
- Cloudflare CDN is used by 0.4% of Spring stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all Spring stores.
Spring Store Top-level Domain Distribution
.com is the most popular top-level domain for Spring stores. This is not surprising since alternate top-level domains have only been introduced somewhat recently and there is still a certain cachet associated with .com domains.
That said, you'll find stark regional differences in certain countries. In Australia, .com.au is the most common top-level domain with .com a close second. This is the exception however as .com domains dominate in virtually all other countries.
- 75.5% of Spring stores have a .com domain.
- 4.7% of Spring stores have a .store domain.
- 4.4% of Spring stores have a .shop domain.
Top Spring Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by Spring, ordered by store rank.
New Spring Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to Spring From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Spring has taken 77 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to Spring from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Stores Switching from Spring To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Spring has lost 141 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top Spring stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on Spring stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the Spring stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on Spring stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.