The State of 3DCart in 2023
Released to the public in 2001, you won't find many ecommerce platforms that predate 3DCart. Despite it's longevity, it is still under active development and is integrated with modern payment platforms like Stripe and Square.
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on 3DCart usage.
- 3DCart growth
- Social media usage on 3DCart stores
- Contact information on 3DCart stores
- Top categories for 3DCart stores
- Top countries for 3DCart stores
- Number of employees for 3DCart stores
- Number of products sold for 3DCart stores
- Top 3DCart technologies
- Top Shipping Carriers used by 3DCart stores
- 3DCart store top-level domain distribution
- Top 3DCart stores
- New 3DCart stores
- Stores switching to 3DCart from other platforms
- Stores switching from 3DCart to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 8,689 live stores running on the 3DCart platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running 3DCart.
- 3DCart stores increased 1.2% quarter-over-quarter in 2022 Q4.
- 3DCart stores increased 11% year-over-year in 2022 Q4.
Cumulative Stores by Quarter
It's hard to know exactly when a 3DCart store was first created but we use a heuristic combining DNS and WHOIS data that provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On 3DCart Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Facebook is used by 34.5% of 3DCart stores.
- Instagram is used by 24.3% of 3DCart stores.
- Twitter is used by 15.5% of 3DCart stores.
Contact Information On 3DCart Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 70% of 3DCart stores provide a phone number on their website
- 7% of 3DCart stores have an email on their website
Top Categories For 3DCart Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on 3DCart.
- 12.9% of 3DCart stores sell Home & Garden products.
- 12.6% of 3DCart stores sell Apparel products.
- 7.2% of 3DCart stores sell Autos & Vehicles products.
Top Countries For 3DCart Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using 3DCart.
- 92.0% of 3DCart stores are in United States
- 2.7% of 3DCart stores are in Canada
- 0.9% of 3DCart stores are in United Kingdom
- 0.7% of 3DCart stores are in Australia
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For 3DCart Stores
Here is the breakdown of 3DCart stores by the number of employees.
- 2.2% of 3DCart stores have 1 - 9 employees.
- 0.5% of 3DCart stores have 10 - 24 employees.
- 0.2% of 3DCart stores have 25 - 49 employees.
Number Of Products Sold For 3DCart Stores
Here is the breakdown of 3DCart stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 20.0% of 3DCart stores sell 1 - 9 different products.
- 13.5% of 3DCart stores sell 100 - 249 different products.
- 12.2% of 3DCart stores sell 10 - 24 different products.
Top Technologies on 3DCart Stores
We're tracking 161 different technologies that have 21,082 collective installs on 3DCart stores.
- Extend is used by 58.1% of 3DCart stores.
- reCAPTCHA is used by 45.6% of 3DCart stores.
- Google Analytics is used by 30.0% of 3DCart stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all 3DCart stores.
Top Shipping Carriers Used By 3DCart Stores
- USPS is used by 19.0% of 3DCart stores.
- UPS is used by 16.1% of 3DCart stores.
- Fedex is used by 9.7% of 3DCart stores.
Here are the top 10 shipping carriers across all 3DCart stores.
3DCart Store Top-level Domain Distribution
.com is the most popular top-level domain for 3DCart stores. This is not surprising since alternate top-level domains have only been introduced somewhat recently and there is still a certain cachet associated with .com domains.
That said, you'll find stark regional differences in certain countries. In Australia, .com.au is the most common top-level domain with .com a close second. This is the exception however as .com domains dominate in virtually all other countries.
- 91.7% of 3DCart stores have a .com domain.
- 2.5% of 3DCart stores have a .net domain.
- 1.3% of 3DCart stores have a .org domain.
Top 3DCart Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by 3DCart, ordered by store rank.
New 3DCart Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to 3DCart From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, 3DCart has taken 17 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to 3DCart from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Stores Switching from 3DCart To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, 3DCart has lost 76 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top 3DCart stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on 3DCart stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the 3DCart stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on 3DCart stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.