The State of prom in 2021
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on prom usage.
- prom growth
- Social media usage on prom stores
- Contact information on prom stores
- Top categories for prom stores
- Top countries for prom stores
- Number of employees for prom stores
- Number of products sold for prom stores
- Top prom technologies
- Top Shipping Carriers used by prom stores
- prom store top-level domain distribution
- Top prom stores
- New prom stores
- Stores switching to prom from other platforms
- Stores switching from prom to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 39,388 live stores running on the prom platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running prom.
- prom stores increased 7.0% quarter-over-quarter in 2021 Q2.
- prom stores increased 41% year-over-year in 2021 Q2.
Cumulative Stores by Quarter
It's hard to know exactly when a prom store was first created but we use a heuristic combining DNS and WHOIS data that provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On prom Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Instagram is used by 5.2% of prom stores.
- Facebook is used by 3.6% of prom stores.
- YouTube is used by 1.5% of prom stores.
Contact Information On prom Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 99% of prom stores have an email on their website
- 95% of prom stores provide a phone number on their website
Top Categories For prom Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on prom.
- 0.0% of prom stores sell Home & Garden products.
- 0.0% of prom stores sell Apparel products.
- 0.0% of prom stores sell Beauty & Fitness products.
Top Countries For prom Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using prom.
- 99.5% of prom stores are in Ukraine
- 0.1% of prom stores are in Russian Federation
- 0.0% of prom stores are in Kazakhstan
- 0.0% of prom stores are in Belarus
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For prom Stores
Here is the breakdown of prom stores by the number of employees.
- 0.0% of prom stores have 25 - 49 employees.
- 0.0% of prom stores have 50 - 99 employees.
Number Of Products Sold For prom Stores
Here is the breakdown of prom stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 1.3% of prom stores sell 250 - 999 different products.
- 1.2% of prom stores sell 100 - 249 different products.
- 0.9% of prom stores sell 1000 - 4999 different products.
Top Technologies on prom Stores
We're tracking 11 different technologies that have 99,700 collective installs on prom stores.
- Google Tag Manager is used by 100.0% of prom stores.
- Google Analytics is used by 100.0% of prom stores.
- Google Ads Pixel is used by 24.7% of prom stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all prom stores.
Top Shipping Carriers Used By prom Stores
- UPS is used by 100.0% of prom stores.
- USPS is used by 0.1% of prom stores.
- Fedex is used by 0.0% of prom stores.
Here are the top 5 shipping carriers across all prom stores.
prom Store Top-level Domain Distribution
Here is the top-level domain distribution for prom stores.
- 65.3% of prom stores have a .com.ua domain.
- 12.6% of prom stores have a .in.ua domain.
- 5.9% of prom stores have a .com domain.
Top prom Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by prom, ordered by store rank.
New prom Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to prom From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, prom has taken 6,085 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to prom from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Stores Switching from prom To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, prom has lost 22 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top prom stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on prom stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the prom stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on prom stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.