The State of CommentSold in 2023
CommentSold is an ecommerce platform that lets you convert social media comments into sales.
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on CommentSold usage.
- CommentSold growth
- Social media usage on CommentSold stores
- Contact information on CommentSold stores
- Top categories for CommentSold stores
- Top countries for CommentSold stores
- Number of employees for CommentSold stores
- Number of products sold for CommentSold stores
- Top CommentSold technologies
- Top Shipping Carriers used by CommentSold stores
- CommentSold store top-level domain distribution
- Top CommentSold stores
- New CommentSold stores
- Stores switching to CommentSold from other platforms
- Stores switching from CommentSold to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 2,298 live stores running on the CommentSold platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running CommentSold.
- CommentSold stores increased 2.6% quarter-over-quarter in 2022 Q4.
- CommentSold stores increased 35% year-over-year in 2022 Q4.
Cumulative Stores by Quarter
It's hard to know exactly when a CommentSold store was first created but we use a heuristic combining DNS and WHOIS data that provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On CommentSold Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Instagram is used by 45.8% of CommentSold stores.
- Facebook is used by 41.6% of CommentSold stores.
- Facebook Group is used by 27.1% of CommentSold stores.
Contact Information On CommentSold Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 33% of CommentSold stores have an email on their website
- 0% of CommentSold stores provide a phone number on their website
Top Categories For CommentSold Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on CommentSold.
- 56.7% of CommentSold stores sell Apparel products.
- 5.0% of CommentSold stores sell Home & Garden products.
- 3.3% of CommentSold stores sell Beauty & Fitness products.
Top Countries For CommentSold Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using CommentSold.
- 8.4% of CommentSold stores are in United States
- 0.1% of CommentSold stores are in Australia
- 0.0% of CommentSold stores are in United Kingdom
- 0.0% of CommentSold stores are in Puerto Rico
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For CommentSold Stores
Here is the breakdown of CommentSold stores by the number of employees.
- 0.2% of CommentSold stores have 10 - 24 employees.
- 0.1% of CommentSold stores have 1 - 9 employees.
- 0.1% of CommentSold stores have 25 - 49 employees.
Number Of Products Sold For CommentSold Stores
Here is the breakdown of CommentSold stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 18.6% of CommentSold stores sell 25000 - 99999 different products.
- 12.1% of CommentSold stores sell 250 - 999 different products.
- 12.0% of CommentSold stores sell 100 - 249 different products.
Top Technologies on CommentSold Stores
We're tracking 37 different technologies that have 8,402 collective installs on CommentSold stores.
- FullStory is used by 99.2% of CommentSold stores.
- Fastly CDN is used by 53.2% of CommentSold stores.
- Google Tag Manager is used by 48.2% of CommentSold stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all CommentSold stores.
Top Shipping Carriers Used By CommentSold Stores
- USPS is used by 0.2% of CommentSold stores.
Here are the top 1 shipping carriers across all CommentSold stores.
CommentSold Store Top-level Domain Distribution
.com is the most popular top-level domain for CommentSold stores. This is not surprising since alternate top-level domains have only been introduced somewhat recently and there is still a certain cachet associated with .com domains.
That said, you'll find stark regional differences in certain countries. In Australia, .com.au is the most common top-level domain with .com a close second. This is the exception however as .com domains dominate in virtually all other countries.
- 95.5% of CommentSold stores have a .com domain.
- 1.0% of CommentSold stores have a .net domain.
- 0.8% of CommentSold stores have a .shop domain.
Top CommentSold Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by CommentSold, ordered by store rank.
New CommentSold Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to CommentSold From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, CommentSold has taken 25 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to CommentSold from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Stores Switching from CommentSold To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, CommentSold has lost 37 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top CommentSold stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on CommentSold stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the CommentSold stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on CommentSold stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.