The State of Sage in 2022
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on Sage usage.
- Sage growth
- Social media usage on Sage stores
- Contact information on Sage stores
- Top categories for Sage stores
- Top countries for Sage stores
- Number of employees for Sage stores
- Number of products sold for Sage stores
- Top Sage technologies
- Top Shipping Carriers used by Sage stores
- Sage store top-level domain distribution
- Top Sage stores
- New Sage stores
- Stores switching to Sage from other platforms
- Stores switching from Sage to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 4,548 live stores running on the Sage platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running Sage.
- Sage stores increased 1.7% quarter-over-quarter in 2022 Q1.
- Sage stores increased 14% year-over-year in 2022 Q1.
Cumulative Stores by Quarter
It's hard to know exactly when a Sage store was first created but we use a heuristic combining DNS and WHOIS data that provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On Sage Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Facebook is used by 32.1% of Sage stores.
- Instagram is used by 16.8% of Sage stores.
- Twitter is used by 12.7% of Sage stores.
Contact Information On Sage Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 95% of Sage stores provide a phone number on their website
- 61% of Sage stores have an email on their website
Top Categories For Sage Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on Sage.
- 62.3% of Sage stores sell Business & Industrial products.
- 25.8% of Sage stores sell Apparel products.
- 1.6% of Sage stores sell Gifts & Special Events products.
Top Countries For Sage Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using Sage.
- 49.8% of Sage stores are in United States
- 5.9% of Sage stores are in Canada
- 0.0% of Sage stores are in Cocos (Keeling) Islands
- 0.0% of Sage stores are in Australia
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For Sage Stores
Here is the breakdown of Sage stores by the number of employees.
- 0.0% of Sage stores have 1 - 9 employees.
- 0.0% of Sage stores have 100 - 249 employees.
- 0.0% of Sage stores have 25 - 49 employees.
Number Of Products Sold For Sage Stores
Here is the breakdown of Sage stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 6.2% of Sage stores sell 100 - 249 different products.
- 3.5% of Sage stores sell 25 - 49 different products.
- 3.3% of Sage stores sell 250 - 999 different products.
Top Technologies on Sage Stores
We're tracking 51 different technologies that have 6,922 collective installs on Sage stores.
- reCAPTCHA is used by 57.9% of Sage stores.
- YouTube Player is used by 39.8% of Sage stores.
- Google Analytics is used by 16.8% of Sage stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all Sage stores.
Top Shipping Carriers Used By Sage Stores
- UPS is used by 2.7% of Sage stores.
- USPS is used by 2.2% of Sage stores.
- Fedex is used by 1.7% of Sage stores.
Here are the top 5 shipping carriers across all Sage stores.
Sage Store Top-level Domain Distribution
.com is the most popular top-level domain for Sage stores. This is not surprising since alternate top-level domains have only been introduced somewhat recently and there is still a certain cachet associated with .com domains.
That said, you'll find stark regional differences in certain countries. In Australia, .com.au is the most common top-level domain with .com a close second. This is the exception however as .com domains dominate in virtually all other countries.
- 89.6% of Sage stores have a .com domain.
- 4.4% of Sage stores have a .net domain.
- 2.7% of Sage stores have a .ca domain.
Top Sage Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by Sage, ordered by store rank.
New Sage Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to Sage From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Sage has taken 3,665 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to Sage from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Stores Switching from Sage To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Sage has lost 11 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top Sage stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on Sage stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the Sage stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on Sage stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.