The State of Sharetribe in 2023
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on Sharetribe usage.
- Sharetribe growth
- Social media usage on Sharetribe stores
- Contact information on Sharetribe stores
- Top categories for Sharetribe stores
- Top countries for Sharetribe stores
- Number of employees for Sharetribe stores
- Number of products sold for Sharetribe stores
- Top Sharetribe technologies
- Top Shipping Carriers used by Sharetribe stores
- Sharetribe store top-level domain distribution
- Top Sharetribe stores
- New Sharetribe stores
- Stores switching to Sharetribe from other platforms
- Stores switching from Sharetribe to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 54 live stores running on the Sharetribe platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running Sharetribe.
Active Stores by Quarter
Note: the store counts displayed in this section are based on actual historical store counts.
It's hard to know exactly when a Sharetribe store was first created but we use a heuristic that includes historical DNS data which provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On Sharetribe Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Instagram is used by 83.3% of Sharetribe stores.
- Facebook is used by 72.2% of Sharetribe stores.
- LinkedIn is used by 25.9% of Sharetribe stores.
Contact Information On Sharetribe Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 63% of Sharetribe stores have an email on their website
- 24% of Sharetribe stores provide a phone number on their website
Top Categories For Sharetribe Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on Sharetribe.
- 16.7% of Sharetribe stores sell Apparel products.
- 11.1% of Sharetribe stores sell Travel products.
- 7.4% of Sharetribe stores sell Arts & Entertainment products.
Top Countries For Sharetribe Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using Sharetribe.
- 31.5% of Sharetribe stores are in Finland
- 14.8% of Sharetribe stores are in United States
- 5.6% of Sharetribe stores are in Canada
- 5.6% of Sharetribe stores are in United Kingdom
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For Sharetribe Stores
Here is the breakdown of Sharetribe stores by the number of employees.
- 83.3% of Sharetribe stores have Unknown employees.
- 13.0% of Sharetribe stores have 25 - 49 employees.
- 1.9% of Sharetribe stores have 1 - 9 employees.
Number Of Products Sold For Sharetribe Stores
Here is the breakdown of Sharetribe stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 24.1% of Sharetribe stores sell 250 - 999 different products.
- 14.8% of Sharetribe stores sell 1000 - 4999 different products.
- 9.3% of Sharetribe stores sell 100 - 249 different products.
Top Technologies on Sharetribe Stores
We're tracking 55 different technologies that have 463 collective installs on Sharetribe stores.
- Stripe is used by 100.0% of Sharetribe stores.
- Google Tag Manager is used by 85.2% of Sharetribe stores.
- Google Adsense is used by 75.9% of Sharetribe stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all Sharetribe stores.
Top Shipping Carriers Used By Sharetribe Stores
- USPS is used by 3.7% of Sharetribe stores.
- La Poste is used by 1.9% of Sharetribe stores.
- Mondial Relay is used by 1.9% of Sharetribe stores.
Here are the top 3 shipping carriers across all Sharetribe stores.
Sharetribe Store Top-level Domain Distribution
.com is the most popular top-level domain for Sharetribe stores. This is not surprising since alternate top-level domains have only been introduced somewhat recently and there is still a certain cachet associated with .com domains.
That said, you'll find stark regional differences in certain countries. In Australia, .com.au is the most common top-level domain with .com a close second. This is the exception however as .com domains dominate in virtually all other countries.
- 48.1% of Sharetribe stores have a .com domain.
- 16.7% of Sharetribe stores have a .co domain.
- 3.7% of Sharetribe stores have a .com.au domain.
Top Sharetribe Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by Sharetribe, ordered by store rank.
New Sharetribe Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to Sharetribe From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Sharetribe has taken 13 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to Sharetribe from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Stores Switching from Sharetribe To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Sharetribe has lost 1 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top Sharetribe stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on Sharetribe stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the Sharetribe stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on Sharetribe stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.