The State of tossdown in 2023
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on tossdown usage.
- tossdown growth
- Social media usage on tossdown stores
- Contact information on tossdown stores
- Top categories for tossdown stores
- Top countries for tossdown stores
- Number of employees for tossdown stores
- Number of products sold for tossdown stores
- Top tossdown technologies
- Top Shipping Carriers used by tossdown stores
- tossdown store top-level domain distribution
- Top tossdown stores
- New tossdown stores
- Stores switching from tossdown to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 111 live stores running on the tossdown platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running tossdown.
- tossdown stores increased 6.9% quarter-over-quarter in 2022 Q3.
- tossdown stores increased 74% year-over-year in 2022 Q3.
Cumulative Stores by Quarter
It's hard to know exactly when a tossdown store was first created but we use a heuristic combining DNS and WHOIS data that provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On tossdown Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Facebook is used by 78.4% of tossdown stores.
- Instagram is used by 76.6% of tossdown stores.
- Twitter is used by 11.7% of tossdown stores.
Contact Information On tossdown Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 79% of tossdown stores provide a phone number on their website
- 57% of tossdown stores have an email on their website
Top Categories For tossdown Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on tossdown.
- 63.1% of tossdown stores sell Food & Drink products.
- 8.1% of tossdown stores sell Beauty & Fitness products.
- 3.6% of tossdown stores sell Health products.
Top Countries For tossdown Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using tossdown.
- 47.7% of tossdown stores are in Pakistan
- 46.8% of tossdown stores are in Canada
- 0.9% of tossdown stores are in United Kingdom
- 0.9% of tossdown stores are in United States
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For tossdown Stores
Here is the breakdown of tossdown stores by the number of employees.
- 24.3% of tossdown stores have 50 - 99 employees.
- 1.8% of tossdown stores have 100 - 249 employees.
- 0.9% of tossdown stores have 10 - 24 employees.
Number Of Products Sold For tossdown Stores
Here is the breakdown of tossdown stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 31.5% of tossdown stores sell 1 - 9 different products.
- 16.2% of tossdown stores sell 5000 - 9999 different products.
- 15.3% of tossdown stores sell 25 - 49 different products.
Top Technologies on tossdown Stores
We're tracking 21 different technologies that have 653 collective installs on tossdown stores.
- Facebook Pixel is used by 98.2% of tossdown stores.
- reCAPTCHA is used by 96.4% of tossdown stores.
- Google Tag Manager is used by 84.7% of tossdown stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all tossdown stores.
Top Shipping Carriers Used By tossdown Stores
- Canada Post is used by 1.8% of tossdown stores.
Here are the top 1 shipping carriers across all tossdown stores.
tossdown Store Top-level Domain Distribution
.com is the most popular top-level domain for tossdown stores. This is not surprising since alternate top-level domains have only been introduced somewhat recently and there is still a certain cachet associated with .com domains.
That said, you'll find stark regional differences in certain countries. In Australia, .com.au is the most common top-level domain with .com a close second. This is the exception however as .com domains dominate in virtually all other countries.
- 27.0% of tossdown stores have a .com domain.
- 23.4% of tossdown stores have a .ca domain.
- 21.6% of tossdown stores have a .site domain.
Top tossdown Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by tossdown, ordered by store rank.
New tossdown Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching from tossdown To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, tossdown has lost 1 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top tossdown stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on tossdown stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the tossdown stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on tossdown stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.