The State of Intershop in 2022
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on Intershop usage.
- Intershop growth
- Social media usage on Intershop stores
- Contact information on Intershop stores
- Top categories for Intershop stores
- Top countries for Intershop stores
- Number of employees for Intershop stores
- Number of products sold for Intershop stores
- Top Intershop technologies
- Top Shipping Carriers used by Intershop stores
- Intershop store top-level domain distribution
- Top Intershop stores
- New Intershop stores
- Stores switching to Intershop from other platforms
- Stores switching from Intershop to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 387 live stores running on the Intershop platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running Intershop.
- Intershop stores increased 2.4% quarter-over-quarter in 2022 Q1.
- Intershop stores increased 50% year-over-year in 2022 Q1.
Cumulative Stores by Quarter
It's hard to know exactly when a Intershop store was first created but we use a heuristic combining DNS and WHOIS data that provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On Intershop Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Facebook is used by 54.5% of Intershop stores.
- Instagram is used by 34.6% of Intershop stores.
- LinkedIn is used by 33.3% of Intershop stores.
Contact Information On Intershop Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 64% of Intershop stores have an email on their website
- 62% of Intershop stores provide a phone number on their website
Top Categories For Intershop Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on Intershop.
- 12.1% of Intershop stores sell Home & Garden products.
- 10.3% of Intershop stores sell Business & Industrial products.
- 8.8% of Intershop stores sell Autos & Vehicles products.
Top Countries For Intershop Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using Intershop.
- 14.7% of Intershop stores are in Germany
- 8.5% of Intershop stores are in France
- 7.2% of Intershop stores are in United Kingdom
- 6.2% of Intershop stores are in Netherlands
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For Intershop Stores
Here is the breakdown of Intershop stores by the number of employees.
- 5.7% of Intershop stores have 100 - 249 employees.
- 5.4% of Intershop stores have 1 - 9 employees.
- 2.8% of Intershop stores have 250 - 999 employees.
Number Of Products Sold For Intershop Stores
Here is the breakdown of Intershop stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 12.9% of Intershop stores sell 1000 - 4999 different products.
- 8.5% of Intershop stores sell 250 - 999 different products.
- 8.3% of Intershop stores sell 100 - 249 different products.
Top Technologies on Intershop Stores
We're tracking 71 different technologies that have 2,151 collective installs on Intershop stores.
- Google Tag Manager is used by 73.6% of Intershop stores.
- Google Analytics is used by 62.3% of Intershop stores.
- Google Ads Pixel is used by 41.6% of Intershop stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all Intershop stores.
Top Shipping Carriers Used By Intershop Stores
- UPS is used by 5.4% of Intershop stores.
- Royal Mail is used by 3.4% of Intershop stores.
- DHL is used by 1.0% of Intershop stores.
Here are the top 9 shipping carriers across all Intershop stores.
Intershop Store Top-level Domain Distribution
.com is the most popular top-level domain for Intershop stores. This is not surprising since alternate top-level domains have only been introduced somewhat recently and there is still a certain cachet associated with .com domains.
That said, you'll find stark regional differences in certain countries. In Australia, .com.au is the most common top-level domain with .com a close second. This is the exception however as .com domains dominate in virtually all other countries.
- 14.2% of Intershop stores have a .com domain.
- 13.7% of Intershop stores have a .de domain.
- 8.0% of Intershop stores have a .fr domain.
Top Intershop Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by Intershop, ordered by store rank.
New Intershop Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to Intershop From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Intershop has taken 335 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to Intershop from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Stores Switching from Intershop To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Intershop has lost 1 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top Intershop stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on Intershop stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the Intershop stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on Intershop stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.