The State of Threadless in 2023
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on Threadless usage.
- Threadless growth
- Social media usage on Threadless stores
- Contact information on Threadless stores
- Top categories for Threadless stores
- Top countries for Threadless stores
- Number of employees for Threadless stores
- Number of products sold for Threadless stores
- Top Threadless technologies
- Threadless store top-level domain distribution
- Top Threadless stores
- New Threadless stores
- Stores switching to Threadless from other platforms
- Stores switching from Threadless to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 2,378 live stores running on the Threadless platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running Threadless.
Active Stores by Quarter
Note: the store counts displayed in this section are based on actual historical store counts.
It's hard to know exactly when a Threadless store was first created but we use a heuristic that includes historical DNS data which provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On Threadless Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Instagram is used by 0.0% of Threadless stores.
- LinkedIn is used by 0.0% of Threadless stores.
Top Categories For Threadless Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on Threadless.
- 95.2% of Threadless stores sell Apparel products.
- 5.7% of Threadless stores sell Arts & Entertainment products.
- 0.8% of Threadless stores sell Sports products.
Top Countries For Threadless Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using Threadless.
- 0.1% of Threadless stores are in United States
- 0.0% of Threadless stores are in Netherlands
- 0.0% of Threadless stores are in Poland
- 0.0% of Threadless stores are in Turkmenistan
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For Threadless Stores
Here is the breakdown of Threadless stores by the number of employees.
- 100.0% of Threadless stores have Unknown employees.
- 0.0% of Threadless stores have 1 - 9 employees.
Number Of Products Sold For Threadless Stores
Here is the breakdown of Threadless stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 65.4% of Threadless stores sell 1 - 9 different products.
- 0.1% of Threadless stores sell 10 - 24 different products.
- 0.0% of Threadless stores sell 100 - 249 different products.
Top Technologies on Threadless Stores
We're tracking 11 different technologies that have 6,247 collective installs on Threadless stores.
- Google Tag Manager is used by 99.8% of Threadless stores.
- Help Scout is used by 99.8% of Threadless stores.
- Emarsys is used by 32.7% of Threadless stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all Threadless stores.
Threadless Store Top-level Domain Distribution
.com is the most popular top-level domain for Threadless stores. This is not surprising since alternate top-level domains have only been introduced somewhat recently and there is still a certain cachet associated with .com domains.
That said, you'll find stark regional differences in certain countries. In Australia, .com.au is the most common top-level domain with .com a close second. This is the exception however as .com domains dominate in virtually all other countries.
- 99.3% of Threadless stores have a .com domain.
- 0.2% of Threadless stores have a .shop domain.
- 0.1% of Threadless stores have a .art domain.
Top Threadless Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by Threadless, ordered by store rank.
New Threadless Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to Threadless From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Threadless has taken 205 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to Threadless from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Stores Switching from Threadless To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Threadless has lost 6 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top Threadless stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on Threadless stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the Threadless stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on Threadless stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.