The State of Swell in 2023
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on Swell usage.
- Swell growth
- Social media usage on Swell stores
- Contact information on Swell stores
- Top categories for Swell stores
- Top countries for Swell stores
- Number of employees for Swell stores
- Number of products sold for Swell stores
- Top Swell technologies
- Top Shipping Carriers used by Swell stores
- Swell store top-level domain distribution
- Top Swell stores
- New Swell stores
- Stores switching to Swell from other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 75 live stores running on the Swell platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running Swell.
Active Stores by Quarter
Note: the store counts displayed in this section are based on actual historical store counts.
It's hard to know exactly when a Swell store was first created but we use a heuristic that includes historical DNS data which provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On Swell Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Instagram is used by 40.0% of Swell stores.
- Facebook is used by 26.7% of Swell stores.
- Twitter is used by 9.3% of Swell stores.
Contact Information On Swell Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 40% of Swell stores have an email on their website
- 36% of Swell stores provide a phone number on their website
Top Categories For Swell Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on Swell.
- 12.0% of Swell stores sell Food & Drink products.
- 6.7% of Swell stores sell Beauty & Fitness products.
- 6.7% of Swell stores sell Business & Industrial products.
Top Countries For Swell Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using Swell.
- 32.0% of Swell stores are in United States
- 4.0% of Swell stores are in Belgium
- 4.0% of Swell stores are in Germany
- 2.7% of Swell stores are in Italy
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For Swell Stores
Here is the breakdown of Swell stores by the number of employees.
- 100.0% of Swell stores have Unknown employees.
Number Of Products Sold For Swell Stores
Here is the breakdown of Swell stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 18.7% of Swell stores sell 1 - 9 different products.
- 8.0% of Swell stores sell 100 - 249 different products.
- 6.7% of Swell stores sell 10 - 24 different products.
Top Technologies on Swell Stores
We're tracking 58 different technologies that have 414 collective installs on Swell stores.
- Next.js is used by 92.0% of Swell stores.
- Braintree is used by 61.3% of Swell stores.
- Stripe is used by 61.3% of Swell stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all Swell stores.
Top Shipping Carriers Used By Swell Stores
- Fedex is used by 4.0% of Swell stores.
- USPS is used by 2.7% of Swell stores.
- UPS is used by 1.3% of Swell stores.
Here are the top 4 shipping carriers across all Swell stores.
Swell Store Top-level Domain Distribution
.com is the most popular top-level domain for Swell stores. This is not surprising since alternate top-level domains have only been introduced somewhat recently and there is still a certain cachet associated with .com domains.
That said, you'll find stark regional differences in certain countries. In Australia, .com.au is the most common top-level domain with .com a close second. This is the exception however as .com domains dominate in virtually all other countries.
- 38.7% of Swell stores have a .com domain.
- 12.0% of Swell stores have a .site domain.
- 6.7% of Swell stores have a .xyz domain.
Top Swell Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by Swell, ordered by store rank.
New Swell Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to Swell From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Swell has taken 38 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to Swell from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Get more insights on Swell stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the Swell stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on Swell stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.