The State of Spreadshop in 2023
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on Spreadshop usage.
- Spreadshop growth
- Social media usage on Spreadshop stores
- Contact information on Spreadshop stores
- Top categories for Spreadshop stores
- Top countries for Spreadshop stores
- Number of products sold for Spreadshop stores
- Top Spreadshop technologies
- Spreadshop store top-level domain distribution
- Top Spreadshop stores
- New Spreadshop stores
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 2,062 live stores running on the Spreadshop platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running Spreadshop.
- Spreadshop stores increased 9.5% quarter-over-quarter in 2022 Q4.
- Spreadshop stores increased 166% year-over-year in 2022 Q4.
Cumulative Stores by Quarter
It's hard to know exactly when a Spreadshop store was first created but we use a heuristic combining DNS and WHOIS data that provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On Spreadshop Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Instagram is used by 36.9% of Spreadshop stores.
- Facebook is used by 32.4% of Spreadshop stores.
- Twitter is used by 20.9% of Spreadshop stores.
Contact Information On Spreadshop Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 66% of Spreadshop stores have an email on their website
- 36% of Spreadshop stores provide a phone number on their website
Top Categories For Spreadshop Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on Spreadshop.
- 48.5% of Spreadshop stores sell Apparel products.
- 4.2% of Spreadshop stores sell Arts & Entertainment products.
- 2.1% of Spreadshop stores sell People & Society products.
Top Countries For Spreadshop Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using Spreadshop.
- 21.7% of Spreadshop stores are in Germany
- 20.6% of Spreadshop stores are in United States
- 7.1% of Spreadshop stores are in Canada
- 6.8% of Spreadshop stores are in Australia
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Products Sold For Spreadshop Stores
Here is the breakdown of Spreadshop stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 14.4% of Spreadshop stores sell 1000 - 4999 different products.
- 12.4% of Spreadshop stores sell 250000+ different products.
- 10.4% of Spreadshop stores sell 250 - 999 different products.
Top Technologies on Spreadshop Stores
We're tracking 8 different technologies that have 2,201 collective installs on Spreadshop stores.
- Fastly CDN is used by 99.5% of Spreadshop stores.
- YouTube Player is used by 3.1% of Spreadshop stores.
- Facebook Pixel is used by 1.8% of Spreadshop stores.
Here are the top 8 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all Spreadshop stores.
Spreadshop Store Top-level Domain Distribution
Here is the top-level domain distribution for Spreadshop stores.
- 21.7% of Spreadshop stores have a .de domain.
- 20.6% of Spreadshop stores have a .com domain.
- 7.1% of Spreadshop stores have a .ca domain.
Top Spreadshop Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by Spreadshop, ordered by store rank.
New Spreadshop Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Get more insights on Spreadshop stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the Spreadshop stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on Spreadshop stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.