The State of QDM in 2021
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on QDM usage.
- QDM growth
- Social media usage on QDM stores
- Contact information on QDM stores
- Top categories for QDM stores
- Top countries for QDM stores
- Number of products sold for QDM stores
- Top QDM technologies
- Top Shipping Carriers used by QDM stores
- QDM store top-level domain distribution
- Top QDM stores
- New QDM stores
- Stores switching to QDM from other platforms
- Stores switching from QDM to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 1,105 live stores running on the QDM platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running QDM.
- QDM stores increased 8.6% quarter-over-quarter in 2021 Q3.
- QDM stores increased 166% year-over-year in 2021 Q3.
Cumulative Stores by Quarter
It's hard to know exactly when a QDM store was first created but we use a heuristic combining DNS and WHOIS data that provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On QDM Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Facebook is used by 39.1% of QDM stores.
- Instagram is used by 22.7% of QDM stores.
- YouTube is used by 8.3% of QDM stores.
Contact Information On QDM Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 54% of QDM stores have an email on their website
- 6% of QDM stores provide a phone number on their website
Top Categories For QDM Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on QDM.
- 20.6% of QDM stores sell Food & Drink products.
- 15.6% of QDM stores sell Beauty & Fitness products.
- 13.8% of QDM stores sell Apparel products.
Top Countries For QDM Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using QDM.
- 99.2% of QDM stores are in Taiwan
- 0.5% of QDM stores are in Cocos (Keeling) Islands
- 0.1% of QDM stores are in Canada
- 0.1% of QDM stores are in India
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Products Sold For QDM Stores
Here is the breakdown of QDM stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 3.8% of QDM stores sell 100 - 249 different products.
- 3.3% of QDM stores sell 25 - 49 different products.
- 2.6% of QDM stores sell 250 - 999 different products.
Top Technologies on QDM Stores
We're tracking 18 different technologies that have 6,189 collective installs on QDM stores.
- Facebook Pixel is used by 99.9% of QDM stores.
- Google Analytics is used by 99.9% of QDM stores.
- Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce is used by 99.9% of QDM stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all QDM stores.
Top Shipping Carriers Used By QDM Stores
- UPS is used by 0.1% of QDM stores.
- SF Express is used by 0.1% of QDM stores.
Here are the top 2 shipping carriers across all QDM stores.
QDM Store Top-level Domain Distribution
.com is the most popular top-level domain for QDM stores. This is not surprising since alternate top-level domains have only been introduced somewhat recently and there is still a certain cachet associated with .com domains.
That said, you'll find stark regional differences in certain countries. In Australia, .com.au is the most common top-level domain with .com a close second. This is the exception however as .com domains dominate in virtually all other countries.
- 46.2% of QDM stores have a .com domain.
- 36.1% of QDM stores have a .com.tw domain.
- 11.7% of QDM stores have a .tw domain.
Top QDM Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by QDM, ordered by store rank.
New QDM Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to QDM From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, QDM has taken 500 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to QDM from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Stores Switching from QDM To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, QDM has lost 6 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top QDM stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on QDM stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the QDM stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on QDM stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.