The State of Instamojo in 2023
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on Instamojo usage.
- Instamojo growth
- Social media usage on Instamojo stores
- Contact information on Instamojo stores
- Top categories for Instamojo stores
- Top countries for Instamojo stores
- Number of employees for Instamojo stores
- Number of products sold for Instamojo stores
- Top Instamojo technologies
- Top Shipping Carriers used by Instamojo stores
- Instamojo store top-level domain distribution
- Top Instamojo stores
- New Instamojo stores
- Stores switching to Instamojo from other platforms
- Stores switching from Instamojo to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 1,016 live stores running on the Instamojo platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running Instamojo.
- Instamojo stores increased 41.8% quarter-over-quarter in 2022 Q4.
- Instamojo stores increased 320% year-over-year in 2022 Q4.
Cumulative Stores by Quarter
It's hard to know exactly when a Instamojo store was first created but we use a heuristic combining DNS and WHOIS data that provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On Instamojo Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Instagram is used by 57.6% of Instamojo stores.
- Facebook is used by 42.4% of Instamojo stores.
- YouTube is used by 14.3% of Instamojo stores.
Contact Information On Instamojo Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 54% of Instamojo stores have an email on their website
- 7% of Instamojo stores provide a phone number on their website
Top Categories For Instamojo Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on Instamojo.
- 16.5% of Instamojo stores sell Apparel products.
- 9.4% of Instamojo stores sell Food & Drink products.
- 8.1% of Instamojo stores sell Home & Garden products.
Top Countries For Instamojo Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using Instamojo.
- 27.6% of Instamojo stores are in India
- 0.1% of Instamojo stores are in Nigeria
- 0.1% of Instamojo stores are in United States
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For Instamojo Stores
Here is the breakdown of Instamojo stores by the number of employees.
- 0.1% of Instamojo stores have 10 - 24 employees.
Number Of Products Sold For Instamojo Stores
Here is the breakdown of Instamojo stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 57.4% of Instamojo stores sell 1 - 9 different products.
- 3.7% of Instamojo stores sell 10 - 24 different products.
- 3.4% of Instamojo stores sell 25 - 49 different products.
Top Technologies on Instamojo Stores
We're tracking 9 different technologies that have 1,288 collective installs on Instamojo stores.
- Razorpay is used by 93.4% of Instamojo stores.
- Cloudfront CDN is used by 26.9% of Instamojo stores.
- reCAPTCHA is used by 4.5% of Instamojo stores.
Here are the top 9 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all Instamojo stores.
Top Shipping Carriers Used By Instamojo Stores
- UPS is used by 0.5% of Instamojo stores.
- USPS is used by 0.1% of Instamojo stores.
Here are the top 2 shipping carriers across all Instamojo stores.
Instamojo Store Top-level Domain Distribution
.com is the most popular top-level domain for Instamojo stores. This is not surprising since alternate top-level domains have only been introduced somewhat recently and there is still a certain cachet associated with .com domains.
That said, you'll find stark regional differences in certain countries. In Australia, .com.au is the most common top-level domain with .com a close second. This is the exception however as .com domains dominate in virtually all other countries.
- 72.4% of Instamojo stores have a .com domain.
- 17.3% of Instamojo stores have a .in domain.
- 2.9% of Instamojo stores have a .co.in domain.
Top Instamojo Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by Instamojo, ordered by store rank.
New Instamojo Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to Instamojo From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Instamojo has taken 12 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to Instamojo from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Stores Switching from Instamojo To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Instamojo has lost 7 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top Instamojo stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on Instamojo stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the Instamojo stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on Instamojo stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.