The State of ExpandCart in 2022
ExpandCart is a cloud ecommerce platform with native Arabic support. ExpandCart enables individuals and businesses to create a professional online shop in minutes by themselves without the need for any technical experience or assistance.
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on ExpandCart usage.
- ExpandCart growth
- Social media usage on ExpandCart stores
- Contact information on ExpandCart stores
- Top categories for ExpandCart stores
- Top countries for ExpandCart stores
- Number of employees for ExpandCart stores
- Number of products sold for ExpandCart stores
- Top ExpandCart technologies
- Top Shipping Carriers used by ExpandCart stores
- ExpandCart store top-level domain distribution
- Top ExpandCart stores
- New ExpandCart stores
- Stores switching to ExpandCart from other platforms
- Stores switching from ExpandCart to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 1,517 live stores running on the ExpandCart platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running ExpandCart.
- ExpandCart stores increased 18.2% quarter-over-quarter in 2022 Q2.
- ExpandCart stores increased 131% year-over-year in 2022 Q2.
Cumulative Stores by Quarter
It's hard to know exactly when a ExpandCart store was first created but we use a heuristic combining DNS and WHOIS data that provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On ExpandCart Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Instagram is used by 37.0% of ExpandCart stores.
- Facebook is used by 26.8% of ExpandCart stores.
- Twitter is used by 14.1% of ExpandCart stores.
Contact Information On ExpandCart Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 37% of ExpandCart stores have an email on their website
- 22% of ExpandCart stores provide a phone number on their website
Top Categories For ExpandCart Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on ExpandCart.
- 22.4% of ExpandCart stores sell Apparel products.
- 10.7% of ExpandCart stores sell Home & Garden products.
- 7.8% of ExpandCart stores sell Beauty & Fitness products.
Top Countries For ExpandCart Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using ExpandCart.
- 13.6% of ExpandCart stores are in Saudi Arabia
- 5.7% of ExpandCart stores are in Egypt
- 3.2% of ExpandCart stores are in Kuwait
- 2.0% of ExpandCart stores are in United Arab Emirates
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For ExpandCart Stores
Here is the breakdown of ExpandCart stores by the number of employees.
- 0.4% of ExpandCart stores have 1 - 9 employees.
- 0.1% of ExpandCart stores have 100 - 249 employees.
Number Of Products Sold For ExpandCart Stores
Here is the breakdown of ExpandCart stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 22.7% of ExpandCart stores sell 1 - 9 different products.
- 7.8% of ExpandCart stores sell 100 - 249 different products.
- 6.5% of ExpandCart stores sell 25 - 49 different products.
Top Technologies on ExpandCart Stores
We're tracking 33 different technologies that have 2,571 collective installs on ExpandCart stores.
- Facebook Pixel is used by 29.0% of ExpandCart stores.
- Google Analytics is used by 27.6% of ExpandCart stores.
- Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce is used by 25.6% of ExpandCart stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all ExpandCart stores.
Top Shipping Carriers Used By ExpandCart Stores
- UPS is used by 0.1% of ExpandCart stores.
- Fedex is used by 0.1% of ExpandCart stores.
- Aramex is used by 0.1% of ExpandCart stores.
Here are the top 3 shipping carriers across all ExpandCart stores.
ExpandCart Store Top-level Domain Distribution
.com is the most popular top-level domain for ExpandCart stores. This is not surprising since alternate top-level domains have only been introduced somewhat recently and there is still a certain cachet associated with .com domains.
That said, you'll find stark regional differences in certain countries. In Australia, .com.au is the most common top-level domain with .com a close second. This is the exception however as .com domains dominate in virtually all other countries.
- 74.3% of ExpandCart stores have a .com domain.
- 11.0% of ExpandCart stores have a .net domain.
- 3.5% of ExpandCart stores have a .shop domain.
Top ExpandCart Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by ExpandCart, ordered by store rank.
New ExpandCart Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to ExpandCart From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, ExpandCart has taken 15 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to ExpandCart from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Stores Switching from ExpandCart To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, ExpandCart has lost 36 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top ExpandCart stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on ExpandCart stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the ExpandCart stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on ExpandCart stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.