The State of AmeriCommerce in 2021
AmeriCommerce is an American ecommerce platform based in Texas. AmeriCommerce was acquired by Cart.com in December 2020 and powers the Cart.com Online Store product.
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on AmeriCommerce usage.
- AmeriCommerce growth
- Social media usage on AmeriCommerce stores
- Contact information on AmeriCommerce stores
- Top categories for AmeriCommerce stores
- Top countries for AmeriCommerce stores
- Number of employees for AmeriCommerce stores
- Number of products sold for AmeriCommerce stores
- Top AmeriCommerce technologies
- AmeriCommerce store top-level domain distribution
- Top AmeriCommerce stores
- New AmeriCommerce stores
- Stores switching to AmeriCommerce from other platforms
- Stores switching from AmeriCommerce to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 1,154 live stores running on the AmeriCommerce platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running AmeriCommerce.
- AmeriCommerce stores increased 45.2% quarter-over-quarter in 2021 Q2.
- AmeriCommerce stores increased 138% year-over-year in 2021 Q2.
Cumulative Stores by Quarter
It's hard to know exactly when a AmeriCommerce store was first created but we use a heuristic combining DNS and WHOIS data that provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On AmeriCommerce Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Facebook is used by 40.3% of AmeriCommerce stores.
- Twitter is used by 24.0% of AmeriCommerce stores.
- Instagram is used by 22.0% of AmeriCommerce stores.
Contact Information On AmeriCommerce Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 66% of AmeriCommerce stores provide a phone number on their website
- 63% of AmeriCommerce stores have an email on their website
Top Categories For AmeriCommerce Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on AmeriCommerce.
- 13.9% of AmeriCommerce stores sell Home & Garden products.
- 10.2% of AmeriCommerce stores sell Beauty & Fitness products.
- 8.1% of AmeriCommerce stores sell Food & Drink products.
Top Countries For AmeriCommerce Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using AmeriCommerce.
- 44.3% of AmeriCommerce stores are in United States
- 0.7% of AmeriCommerce stores are in United Kingdom
- 0.4% of AmeriCommerce stores are in Australia
- 0.3% of AmeriCommerce stores are in Canada
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For AmeriCommerce Stores
Here is the breakdown of AmeriCommerce stores by the number of employees.
- 0.2% of AmeriCommerce stores have 10 - 24 employees.
- 0.1% of AmeriCommerce stores have 1 - 9 employees.
Number Of Products Sold For AmeriCommerce Stores
Here is the breakdown of AmeriCommerce stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 7.1% of AmeriCommerce stores sell 250 - 999 different products.
- 5.7% of AmeriCommerce stores sell 100 - 249 different products.
- 5.0% of AmeriCommerce stores sell 1000 - 4999 different products.
Top Technologies on AmeriCommerce Stores
We're tracking 79 different technologies that have 2,931 collective installs on AmeriCommerce stores.
- reCAPTCHA is used by 57.1% of AmeriCommerce stores.
- Google Analytics is used by 42.5% of AmeriCommerce stores.
- Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce is used by 25.4% of AmeriCommerce stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all AmeriCommerce stores.
AmeriCommerce Store Top-level Domain Distribution
.com is the most popular top-level domain for AmeriCommerce stores. This is not surprising since alternate top-level domains have only been introduced somewhat recently and there is still a certain cachet associated with .com domains.
That said, you'll find stark regional differences in certain countries. In Australia, .com.au is the most common top-level domain with .com a close second. This is the exception however as .com domains dominate in virtually all other countries.
- 94.1% of AmeriCommerce stores have a .com domain.
- 2.7% of AmeriCommerce stores have a .org domain.
- 1.0% of AmeriCommerce stores have a .net domain.
Top AmeriCommerce Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by AmeriCommerce, ordered by store rank.
New AmeriCommerce Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to AmeriCommerce From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, AmeriCommerce has taken 10 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to AmeriCommerce from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Stores Switching from AmeriCommerce To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, AmeriCommerce has lost 3 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top AmeriCommerce stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on AmeriCommerce stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the AmeriCommerce stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on AmeriCommerce stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.