The State of Workarea in 2021
Workarea is an ecommerce platform acquired by VTEX in February 2021.
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on Workarea usage.
- Workarea growth
- Social media usage on Workarea stores
- Contact information on Workarea stores
- Top categories for Workarea stores
- Top countries for Workarea stores
- Number of employees for Workarea stores
- Number of products sold for Workarea stores
- Top Workarea technologies
- Top Shipping Carriers used by Workarea stores
- Workarea store top-level domain distribution
- Top Workarea stores
- New Workarea stores
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 40 live stores running on the Workarea platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running Workarea.
- Workarea stores increased 2.7% quarter-over-quarter in 2021 Q1.
- Workarea stores increased 27% year-over-year in 2021 Q1.
Cumulative Stores by Quarter
It's hard to know exactly when a Workarea store was first created but we use a heuristic combining DNS and WHOIS data that provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On Workarea Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Facebook is used by 87.5% of Workarea stores.
- Instagram is used by 67.5% of Workarea stores.
- Twitter is used by 65.0% of Workarea stores.
Contact Information On Workarea Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 90% of Workarea stores provide a phone number on their website
- 85% of Workarea stores have an email on their website
Top Categories For Workarea Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on Workarea.
- 30.0% of Workarea stores sell Apparel products.
- 15.0% of Workarea stores sell People & Society products.
- 12.5% of Workarea stores sell Gifts & Special Events products.
- 12.5% of Workarea stores sell Home & Garden products.
Top Countries For Workarea Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using Workarea.
- 72.5% of Workarea stores are in United States
- 7.5% of Workarea stores are in Canada
- 2.5% of Workarea stores are in Russian Federation
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For Workarea Stores
Here is the breakdown of Workarea stores by the number of employees.
- 2.5% of Workarea stores have 10 - 24 employees.
- 2.5% of Workarea stores have 100 - 249 employees.
Number Of Products Sold For Workarea Stores
Here is the breakdown of Workarea stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 27.5% of Workarea stores sell 1000 - 4999 different products.
- 20.0% of Workarea stores sell 250 - 999 different products.
- 12.5% of Workarea stores sell 10000 - 24999 different products.
Top Technologies on Workarea Stores
We're tracking 41 different technologies that have 264 collective installs on Workarea stores.
- Google Tag Manager is used by 95.0% of Workarea stores.
- New Relic is used by 95.0% of Workarea stores.
- Cloudfront CDN is used by 82.5% of Workarea stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all Workarea stores.
Top Shipping Carriers Used By Workarea Stores
- UPS is used by 45.0% of Workarea stores.
- USPS is used by 40.0% of Workarea stores.
- Fedex is used by 30.0% of Workarea stores.
Here are the top 4 shipping carriers across all Workarea stores.
Workarea Store Top-level Domain Distribution
.com is the most popular top-level domain for Workarea stores. This is not surprising since alternate top-level domains have only been introduced somewhat recently and there is still a certain cachet associated with .com domains.
That said, you'll find stark regional differences in certain countries. In Australia, .com.au is the most common top-level domain with .com a close second. This is the exception however as .com domains dominate in virtually all other countries.
- 90.0% of Workarea stores have a .com domain.
- 5.0% of Workarea stores have a .ca domain.
- 2.5% of Workarea stores have a .eu domain.
Top Workarea Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by Workarea, ordered by store rank.
New Workarea Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Get more insights on Workarea stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the Workarea stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on Workarea stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.