The State of MakanE in 2023
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on MakanE usage.
- MakanE growth
- Social media usage on MakanE stores
- Contact information on MakanE stores
- Top categories for MakanE stores
- Top countries for MakanE stores
- Number of employees for MakanE stores
- Number of products sold for MakanE stores
- Top MakanE technologies
- Top Shipping Carriers used by MakanE stores
- MakanE store top-level domain distribution
- Top MakanE stores
- New MakanE stores
- Stores switching to MakanE from other platforms
- Stores switching from MakanE to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 11,511 live stores running on the MakanE platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running MakanE.
- MakanE stores increased 24.5% quarter-over-quarter in 2022 Q4.
- MakanE stores increased 389% year-over-year in 2022 Q4.
Cumulative Stores by Quarter
It's hard to know exactly when a MakanE store was first created but we use a heuristic combining DNS and WHOIS data that provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On MakanE Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Instagram is used by 52.4% of MakanE stores.
- Facebook is used by 30.4% of MakanE stores.
- Snapchat is used by 8.0% of MakanE stores.
Contact Information On MakanE Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 7% of MakanE stores have an email on their website
- 4% of MakanE stores provide a phone number on their website
Top Categories For MakanE Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on MakanE.
- 20.8% of MakanE stores sell Food & Drink products.
- 12.9% of MakanE stores sell Apparel products.
- 11.3% of MakanE stores sell Home & Garden products.
Top Countries For MakanE Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using MakanE.
- 39.6% of MakanE stores are in Saudi Arabia
- 35.9% of MakanE stores are in Jordan
- 15.1% of MakanE stores are in United Arab Emirates
- 4.5% of MakanE stores are in United States
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For MakanE Stores
Here is the breakdown of MakanE stores by the number of employees.
- 0.0% of MakanE stores have 10 - 24 employees.
- 0.0% of MakanE stores have 250 - 999 employees.
Number Of Products Sold For MakanE Stores
Here is the breakdown of MakanE stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 53.8% of MakanE stores sell 1 - 9 different products.
- 6.0% of MakanE stores sell 10 - 24 different products.
- 2.8% of MakanE stores sell 25 - 49 different products.
Top Technologies on MakanE Stores
We're tracking 23 different technologies that have 67,177 collective installs on MakanE stores.
- Google Analytics 4 is used by 98.6% of MakanE stores.
- reCAPTCHA is used by 98.5% of MakanE stores.
- Google Tag Manager is used by 98.1% of MakanE stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all MakanE stores.
Top Shipping Carriers Used By MakanE Stores
- UPS is used by 0.0% of MakanE stores.
- Fedex is used by 0.0% of MakanE stores.
Here are the top 2 shipping carriers across all MakanE stores.
MakanE Store Top-level Domain Distribution
.com is the most popular top-level domain for MakanE stores. This is not surprising since alternate top-level domains have only been introduced somewhat recently and there is still a certain cachet associated with .com domains.
That said, you'll find stark regional differences in certain countries. In Australia, .com.au is the most common top-level domain with .com a close second. This is the exception however as .com domains dominate in virtually all other countries.
- 97.6% of MakanE stores have a .com domain.
- 0.9% of MakanE stores have a .me domain.
- 0.8% of MakanE stores have a .net domain.
Top MakanE Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by MakanE, ordered by store rank.
New MakanE Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to MakanE From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, MakanE has taken 20 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to MakanE from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Stores Switching from MakanE To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, MakanE has lost 22 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top MakanE stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on MakanE stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the MakanE stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on MakanE stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.