The State of Kometia in 2023
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on Kometia usage.
- Kometia growth
- Social media usage on Kometia stores
- Contact information on Kometia stores
- Top categories for Kometia stores
- Top countries for Kometia stores
- Number of employees for Kometia stores
- Number of products sold for Kometia stores
- Top Kometia technologies
- Top Shipping Carriers used by Kometia stores
- Kometia store top-level domain distribution
- Top Kometia stores
- New Kometia stores
- Stores switching from Kometia to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 42 live stores running on the Kometia platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running Kometia.
Active Stores by Quarter
Note: the store counts displayed in this section are based on actual historical store counts.
It's hard to know exactly when a Kometia store was first created but we use a heuristic that includes historical DNS data which provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On Kometia Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Facebook is used by 69.0% of Kometia stores.
- Instagram is used by 57.1% of Kometia stores.
- YouTube is used by 21.4% of Kometia stores.
Contact Information On Kometia Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 60% of Kometia stores have an email on their website
- 38% of Kometia stores provide a phone number on their website
Top Categories For Kometia Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on Kometia.
- 2.4% of Kometia stores sell Apparel products.
Top Countries For Kometia Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using Kometia.
- 57.1% of Kometia stores are in Mexico
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For Kometia Stores
Here is the breakdown of Kometia stores by the number of employees.
- 92.9% of Kometia stores have Unknown employees.
- 2.4% of Kometia stores have 1 - 9 employees.
- 2.4% of Kometia stores have 10 - 24 employees.
Number Of Products Sold For Kometia Stores
Here is the breakdown of Kometia stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 23.8% of Kometia stores sell 25 - 49 different products.
- 19.0% of Kometia stores sell 100 - 249 different products.
- 14.3% of Kometia stores sell 1 - 9 different products.
Top Technologies on Kometia Stores
We're tracking 17 different technologies that have 88 collective installs on Kometia stores.
- Google Analytics is used by 47.6% of Kometia stores.
- Facebook Pixel is used by 31.0% of Kometia stores.
- Google Tag Manager is used by 28.6% of Kometia stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all Kometia stores.
Top Shipping Carriers Used By Kometia Stores
- Fedex is used by 4.8% of Kometia stores.
- DHL is used by 2.4% of Kometia stores.
- UPS is used by 2.4% of Kometia stores.
Here are the top 3 shipping carriers across all Kometia stores.
Kometia Store Top-level Domain Distribution
.com is the most popular top-level domain for Kometia stores. This is not surprising since alternate top-level domains have only been introduced somewhat recently and there is still a certain cachet associated with .com domains.
That said, you'll find stark regional differences in certain countries. In Australia, .com.au is the most common top-level domain with .com a close second. This is the exception however as .com domains dominate in virtually all other countries.
- 47.6% of Kometia stores have a .com domain.
- 33.3% of Kometia stores have a .com.mx domain.
- 14.3% of Kometia stores have a .mx domain.
Top Kometia Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by Kometia, ordered by store rank.
New Kometia Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching from Kometia To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Kometia has lost 2 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top Kometia stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on Kometia stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the Kometia stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on Kometia stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.