The State of CommerceHQ in 2023
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on CommerceHQ usage.
- CommerceHQ growth
- Social media usage on CommerceHQ stores
- Contact information on CommerceHQ stores
- Top categories for CommerceHQ stores
- Top countries for CommerceHQ stores
- Number of employees for CommerceHQ stores
- Number of products sold for CommerceHQ stores
- Top CommerceHQ technologies
- Top Shipping Carriers used by CommerceHQ stores
- CommerceHQ store top-level domain distribution
- Top CommerceHQ stores
- New CommerceHQ stores
- Stores switching from CommerceHQ to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 147 live stores running on the CommerceHQ platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running CommerceHQ.
- CommerceHQ stores increased 9.2% quarter-over-quarter in 2023 Q3.
- CommerceHQ stores increased 80% year-over-year in 2023 Q3.
Active Stores by Quarter
Note: the store counts displayed in this section are based on actual historical store counts.
It's hard to know exactly when a CommerceHQ store was first created but we use a heuristic that includes historical DNS data which provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On CommerceHQ Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Facebook is used by 21.1% of CommerceHQ stores.
- Instagram is used by 13.6% of CommerceHQ stores.
- Twitter is used by 4.1% of CommerceHQ stores.
Contact Information On CommerceHQ Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 71% of CommerceHQ stores have an email on their website
- 16% of CommerceHQ stores provide a phone number on their website
Top Categories For CommerceHQ Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on CommerceHQ.
- 32.7% of CommerceHQ stores sell Apparel products.
- 14.3% of CommerceHQ stores sell Home & Garden products.
- 6.8% of CommerceHQ stores sell Beauty & Fitness products.
Top Countries For CommerceHQ Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using CommerceHQ.
- 8.2% of CommerceHQ stores are in United States
- 2.0% of CommerceHQ stores are in Canada
- 1.4% of CommerceHQ stores are in Australia
- 1.4% of CommerceHQ stores are in United Kingdom
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For CommerceHQ Stores
Here is the breakdown of CommerceHQ stores by the number of employees.
- 97.3% of CommerceHQ stores have Unknown employees.
- 2.7% of CommerceHQ stores have 1 - 9 employees.
Number Of Products Sold For CommerceHQ Stores
Here is the breakdown of CommerceHQ stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 43.5% of CommerceHQ stores sell 1 - 9 different products.
- 12.9% of CommerceHQ stores sell 10 - 24 different products.
- 7.5% of CommerceHQ stores sell 25 - 49 different products.
Top Technologies on CommerceHQ Stores
We're tracking 32 different technologies that have 841 collective installs on CommerceHQ stores.
- reCAPTCHA is used by 91.8% of CommerceHQ stores.
- Facebook Pixel is used by 72.1% of CommerceHQ stores.
- Google Tag Manager is used by 53.7% of CommerceHQ stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all CommerceHQ stores.
Top Shipping Carriers Used By CommerceHQ Stores
- USPS is used by 5.4% of CommerceHQ stores.
- Canada Post is used by 1.4% of CommerceHQ stores.
- Fedex is used by 0.7% of CommerceHQ stores.
Here are the top 6 shipping carriers across all CommerceHQ stores.
CommerceHQ Store Top-level Domain Distribution
.com is the most popular top-level domain for CommerceHQ stores. This is not surprising since alternate top-level domains have only been introduced somewhat recently and there is still a certain cachet associated with .com domains.
That said, you'll find stark regional differences in certain countries. In Australia, .com.au is the most common top-level domain with .com a close second. This is the exception however as .com domains dominate in virtually all other countries.
- 90.5% of CommerceHQ stores have a .com domain.
- 4.8% of CommerceHQ stores have a .net domain.
- 2.0% of CommerceHQ stores have a .store domain.
Top CommerceHQ Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by CommerceHQ, ordered by store rank.
New CommerceHQ Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching from CommerceHQ To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, CommerceHQ has lost 3 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top CommerceHQ stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on CommerceHQ stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the CommerceHQ stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on CommerceHQ stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.