The State of Takeaway in 2022
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on Takeaway usage.
- Takeaway growth
- Social media usage on Takeaway stores
- Contact information on Takeaway stores
- Top categories for Takeaway stores
- Top countries for Takeaway stores
- Number of products sold for Takeaway stores
- Top Takeaway technologies
- Takeaway store top-level domain distribution
- Top Takeaway stores
- New Takeaway stores
- Stores switching to Takeaway from other platforms
- Stores switching from Takeaway to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 23,929 live stores running on the Takeaway platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running Takeaway.
- Takeaway stores increased 51.3% quarter-over-quarter in 2022 Q1.
- Takeaway stores increased 69% year-over-year in 2022 Q1.
Cumulative Stores by Quarter
It's hard to know exactly when a Takeaway store was first created but we use a heuristic combining DNS and WHOIS data that provides a reasonable approximation.
Contact Information On Takeaway Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 30% of Takeaway stores provide a phone number on their website
- 8% of Takeaway stores have an email on their website
Top Categories For Takeaway Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on Takeaway.
- 100.0% of Takeaway stores sell Food & Drink products.
Top Countries For Takeaway Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using Takeaway.
- 34.2% of Takeaway stores are in Germany
- 23.4% of Takeaway stores are in Netherlands
- 16.9% of Takeaway stores are in Switzerland
- 9.9% of Takeaway stores are in Belgium
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Products Sold For Takeaway Stores
Here is the breakdown of Takeaway stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 4.3% of Takeaway stores sell 1 - 9 different products.
Top Technologies on Takeaway Stores
We're tracking 2 different technologies that have 25,182 collective installs on Takeaway stores.
- Tealium is used by 100.0% of Takeaway stores.
- Cloudflare CDN is used by 5.2% of Takeaway stores.
Here are the top 2 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all Takeaway stores.
Takeaway Store Top-level Domain Distribution
Here is the top-level domain distribution for Takeaway stores.
- 34.2% of Takeaway stores have a .de domain.
- 23.4% of Takeaway stores have a .nl domain.
- 16.9% of Takeaway stores have a .ch domain.
Top Takeaway Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by Takeaway, ordered by store rank.
New Takeaway Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to Takeaway From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Takeaway has taken 17,121 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to Takeaway from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Stores Switching from Takeaway To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Takeaway has lost 7 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top Takeaway stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on Takeaway stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the Takeaway stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on Takeaway stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.