The State of Takeaway in 2024
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on Takeaway usage.
- Takeaway growth
- Social media usage on Takeaway stores
- Contact information on Takeaway stores
- Top categories for Takeaway stores
- Top countries for Takeaway stores
- Number of employees for Takeaway stores
- Number of products sold for Takeaway stores
- Top Takeaway technologies
- Top Shipping Carriers used by Takeaway stores
- Takeaway store top-level domain distribution
- Top Takeaway stores
- New Takeaway stores
- Stores switching to Takeaway from other platforms
- Stores switching from Takeaway to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 56,589 live stores running on the Takeaway platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running Takeaway.
- Takeaway stores increased 16.4% quarter-over-quarter in 2023 Q4.
- Takeaway stores increased 136% year-over-year in 2023 Q4.
Active Stores by Quarter
Note: the store counts displayed in this section are based on actual historical store counts.
It's hard to know exactly when a Takeaway store was first created but we use a heuristic that includes historical DNS data which provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On Takeaway Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- LinkedIn is used by 0.0% of Takeaway stores.
Contact Information On Takeaway Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 0% of Takeaway stores provide a phone number on their website
- 0% of Takeaway stores have an email on their website
Top Categories For Takeaway Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on Takeaway.
- 100.0% of Takeaway stores sell Food & Drink products.
Top Countries For Takeaway Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using Takeaway.
- 43.2% of Takeaway stores are in Germany
- 16.5% of Takeaway stores are in Netherlands
- 11.3% of Takeaway stores are in France
- 10.4% of Takeaway stores are in Belgium
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For Takeaway Stores
Here is the breakdown of Takeaway stores by the number of employees.
- 100.0% of Takeaway stores have Unknown employees.
- 0.0% of Takeaway stores have 1 - 9 employees.
- 0.0% of Takeaway stores have 100 - 249 employees.
Number Of Products Sold For Takeaway Stores
Here is the breakdown of Takeaway stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 66.4% of Takeaway stores sell 1 - 9 different products.
Top Technologies on Takeaway Stores
We're tracking 6 different technologies that have 116,617 collective installs on Takeaway stores.
- Tealium is used by 100.0% of Takeaway stores.
- Adyen Online Payments is used by 99.8% of Takeaway stores.
- Cloudflare is used by 3.1% of Takeaway stores.
Here are the top 6 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all Takeaway stores.
Top Shipping Carriers Used By Takeaway Stores
- UPS is used by 0.0% of Takeaway stores.
- New Zealean Post is used by 0.0% of Takeaway stores.
- Polish Post is used by 0.0% of Takeaway stores.
Here are the top 3 shipping carriers across all Takeaway stores.
Takeaway Store Top-level Domain Distribution
Here is the top-level domain distribution for Takeaway stores.
- 43.2% of Takeaway stores have a .de domain.
- 16.5% of Takeaway stores have a .nl domain.
- 11.3% of Takeaway stores have a .fr domain.
Top Takeaway Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by Takeaway, ordered by store rank.
New Takeaway Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to Takeaway From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Takeaway has taken 1 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to Takeaway from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Stores Switching from Takeaway To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Takeaway has lost 3 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top Takeaway stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on Takeaway stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the Takeaway stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on Takeaway stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.