- Enabling the Integration
- Disabling the Integration
- Account Enrichment
- Lead Enrichment
- Showing Salesforce Data within Store Leads
- Showing Salesforce Data within the Chrome Extension
- Best Practices
- Information Security Considerations
Salesforce provides customer relationship management service and also sells a complementary suite of enterprise applications focused on customer service, marketing automation, analytics, and application development.
With the Salesforce integration enabled, accounts on all plans can manually create new Sales accounts from Store Leads domains. Existing Sales accounts can also be manually updated.
Accounts on the Pro or Elite plans can also:
- Automatically update all existing Salesforce accounts and leads with the latest Store Leads data. This can configured to happen automatically as soon as we refresh our data (weekly) or triggered manually.
- Automatically update Salesforce accounts when they are manually created or modified within Salesforce.
- Automatically update Salesforce leads when they are manually created or modified within Salesforce.
- Automatically create new Salesforce accounts for any new stores on a list.
- Export domains to a CSV file that is compatible with Salesforce CSV import. This is useful for initially creating accounts in Salesforce or for manual bulk updates.
You will need the following to enable the Salesforce integration.
- To connect to Salesforce with a user account that has permission to use the Salesforce API. You may wish to create a Salesforce API user for this purpose.
The Account object in Salesforce must have the following fields visible to the API user.
You may need to set field-level permissions
so that the fields are visible to the API user.
Enabling the Salesforce Integration
To enable the Salesforce integration, visit the Integrations page in the Dashboard and click on Salesforce.
You'll see a page that summarizes the Salesforce integration. Click the enable button to proceed.
At this point, you may be asked to login to your Salesforce instance. You'll also be asked for permission to allow Store Leads to manage data in your Salesforce instance. You must approve this request in order to use the Salesforce integration.
Once you approve the request, your Salesforce integration will be enabled. As soon as the integration is enabled, we scan your Salesforce instance to see if there is any overlap between accounts in Salesforce and domains in the Store Leads database.
Note: When the Salesforce integration is first enabled, you will be establishing the "Organization Connection" between Salesforce and Store Leads. All automated enrichment performed by Store Leads will be done with the Salesforce account credentials that you use here. Often, it is best to use a dedicated API account to establish the Organization connection. Once done, each Store Leads user can also connect to Salesforce using their own Salesforce account credentials. Doing so ensures that newly created accounts are attributed to the right person.
Disabling the Salesforce Integration
If you wish to deactivate the integration, simply click the disable button.
By default, Store Leads will automatically enrich Salesforce accounts every week when we publish our weekly data update. Salesforce accounts are also enriched shortly after they are created or changed. Salesforce accounts are only enriched if they have a Website that matches a store in our database that your plan can access.
Fields Mappings For Salesforce Accounts
Store Leads will not send any data to Salesforce until you configure field mappings. Field mappings determine which Store Leads data is written to specific fields in Salesforce Accounts.
To configure these field mappings, visit the Integrations page, click Salesforce and go to the Account Field Mappings section.
You may need to create new Account fields within Salesforce Setup to accomodate Store Leads data. Be sure to configure field-level permissions so that the field is visible to the connected account.
Manual Creation of Salesforce Accounts
The Salesforce integration allows you to manually create accounts in Salesforce from Store Leads domains. To do so, open the Salesforce integration menu by clicking on the Salesforce icon in the integration bar (which is in the top right corner of the page when you are looking at domain details in Store Leads).
As long as the domain does not already exist in Salesforce, you'll be given the option to create a Salesforce Account for the domain.
As soon as you click Create Salesforce Account, Store Leads will create a new Salesforce account for the domain and set all the standard and custom fields configured for the integration.
Manual Update of Salesforce Accounts
When you're looking at a domain in Store Leads that already exists as a Salesforce Account, the Salesforce integration menu allows you to Open in Salesforce (which opens the Salesforce Account in a new browser tab) and Update Salesforce Account. Clicking on the latter will immediately update the Salesforce Account with all standard and custom fields configured for the integration.
Bulk Creation of Salesforce Accounts (via CSV Import)
To bulk create new Salesforce Accounts, use the Store Leads Export tool and select the Salesforce Account CSV format.
If the export file contains less than 50,000 records, use the Salesforce Data Import Wizard.
If the export file contains more than 50,000 records, use the Salesforce Data Loader.
Automatic Enrichment of Salesforce Accounts
We can automatically keep the data you store in Salesforce in sync with the latest data on Store Leads. This feature is called automatic enrichment. When it is enabled, Salesforce accounts are enriched within 15 minutes of being created or updated in Salesforce and immediately after we do our weekly data updates. Accounts are matched to stores in our database using the "Website" field. Your paid plan must also have access to the store in question.
To enable automatic Salesforce account enrichment, visit the Salesforce section of the Integrations page and enable the following option.
Note: this feature is only available to accounts on the Pro or Elite plans.
Automatic Salesforce Account Creation On New Store Leads Data
New Salesforce accounts can automatically be created during our weekly data updates for any new stores on a list.
To enable this functionality, go to any list and check the following option:
Every week, as soon as we complete our data update, we'll find all lists that have this option enabled. We then find all stores on the list and a new Salesforce account will be created for all stores that do not already exist in Salesforce.
As an example, you can define a list as a saved search that contains all stores with at least 250,000 Instagram followers. By enabling this option on the list, you can ensure that your Salesforce instance will include all accounts that have at least 250,000 Instagram followers (both now and in the future).
Note: this feature is only available to accounts on the Pro or Elite plans.
Store Leads can automatically enrich Salesforce leads every week when we publish our weekly data update. Salesforce leads can also be enriched shortly after they are created or changed.
Salesforce leads are only enriched if one of the following is true:
- The lead has a Website that matches a store in our database that your plan can access. Website matching is fuzzy, so it doesn't matter if the Website starts with http:// or https:// or if it incluces www. at the beginning of the domain name.
- The lead has an Email with a domain name that matches a store in our database that your plan can access. Email domain matching is also fuzzy.
To enable enrichment of Salesforce leads, check the "Enrich leads" option.
Fields Mappings For Salesforce Leads
Store Leads will not send any data to Salesforce leads until you configure lead field mappings. Lead field mappings determine which Store Leads data is written to specific fields on Salesforce Leads.
To configure lead field mappings, visit the Integrations page, click Salesforce and go to the Lead Field Mappings section.
Showing Salesforce Data Within Store Leads
To view Salesforce data directly within Store Leads, go to the Salesforce tab in the store details.
The list of fields to display for Salesforce Accounts, Contacts and Leads can be fully customized. Data display is fetched on demand from the Salesforce API and is never stored by Store Leads. For more details, read displaying Salesforce data within Store Leads.
Showing Salesforce Data Within Chrome Extension
It's also possible to display data for Salesforce Accounts, Contacts and Leads within the Store Leads Chrome Extension.
- Connect your organization to Salesforce using a dedicated Salesforce API account. If you connect to Salesforce using an account linked to a person, the Store Leads integration with Salesforce will break if that person's account is disabled in Salesforce (which often happens when the person leaves the company).
- Enable the "Use Salesforce Bulk API" option under "Salesforce Configuration Options". Using the Bulk API uses fewer Salesforce API calls and speeds up bulk enrichment. Note that this feature is only available on certain Salesforce plans and requires a specific account permission ("Manage Data Integrations"). Be sure to add that permission to the Salesforce account that you are using for your Organization connection.
- Each person using Store Leads should also connect to Salesforce with their personal account. If they do not, then all Salesforce API calls made when using Store Leads are done with the organization connection. As a result, newly created accounts and leads will not be attributed to the right person.
Information Security Considerations
Since your Salesforce instance contains PII, it is natural to have concerns about information security when connecting a new app to Salesforce. Here is an overview of how Store Leads interacts with Salesforce.
After the Salesforce integration is enabled, Store Leads will query all Account records to determine which Accounts already exist in Salesforce. This is necessary so that:
- the Store Leads web interface/chrome extension can tell whether a store already exists in your CRM, and
- to enrich all your existing Account records on a weekly basis and
- to prevent creating duplicate records
To accomplish this, each Account's Website and Id attribute are retrieved using the Salesforce API and stored in our database. These are the only attributes accessed at this time.
By default, only Account enrichemnt is enabled. If you choose to enable the "Enrich Leads" option in your integration), then we also need to pull and persist a lead identifier (which is the lead's email address and/or Website since leads don't always have an email) for the same reasons listed above. This data is never shared.
The only time that attributes other than Website and Id are retrieved for an Account record (or Email/Website/Id for Leads), is when a Store Leads user looks at the Salesforce data for Account, Lead or Contact through the Store Leads website or Chrome extension. Both of those features allow each user to configure which attributes to pull from the CRM but these attributes are never stored. They are pulled from the Salesforce API live (to render the page) and never persisted. This data might include PII but since a) it is not persisted and b) it is configurable, it should hopefully be a minor concern.