The State of Bandcamp in 2024
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on Bandcamp usage.
- Bandcamp growth
- Social media usage on Bandcamp stores
- Contact information on Bandcamp stores
- Top categories for Bandcamp stores
- Top countries for Bandcamp stores
- Number of employees for Bandcamp stores
- Number of products sold for Bandcamp stores
- Top Bandcamp technologies
- Top Shipping Carriers used by Bandcamp stores
- Bandcamp store top-level domain distribution
- Top Bandcamp stores
- New Bandcamp stores
- Stores switching to Bandcamp from other platforms
- Stores switching from Bandcamp to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 257,673 live stores running on the Bandcamp platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running Bandcamp.
- Bandcamp stores increased 23.7% quarter-over-quarter in 2023 Q4.
- Bandcamp stores increased 152% year-over-year in 2023 Q4.
Active Stores by Quarter
Note: the store counts displayed in this section are based on actual historical store counts.
It's hard to know exactly when a Bandcamp store was first created but we use a heuristic that includes historical DNS data which provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On Bandcamp Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Facebook is used by 30.4% of Bandcamp stores.
- Instagram is used by 18.7% of Bandcamp stores.
- Twitter is used by 13.0% of Bandcamp stores.
Contact Information On Bandcamp Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 79% of Bandcamp stores have an email on their website
- 0% of Bandcamp stores provide a phone number on their website
Top Categories For Bandcamp Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on Bandcamp.
- 16.6% of Bandcamp stores sell Arts & Entertainment products.
- 0.4% of Bandcamp stores sell People & Society products.
- 0.1% of Bandcamp stores sell Games products.
Top Countries For Bandcamp Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using Bandcamp.
- 28.0% of Bandcamp stores are in United States
- 6.1% of Bandcamp stores are in United Kingdom
- 2.7% of Bandcamp stores are in Canada
- 1.7% of Bandcamp stores are in Australia
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For Bandcamp Stores
Here is the breakdown of Bandcamp stores by the number of employees.
- 100.0% of Bandcamp stores have Unknown employees.
Number Of Products Sold For Bandcamp Stores
Here is the breakdown of Bandcamp stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 67.0% of Bandcamp stores sell 1 - 9 different products.
Top Technologies on Bandcamp Stores
We're tracking 27 different technologies that have 196,974 collective installs on Bandcamp stores.
- Fastly CDN is used by 75.0% of Bandcamp stores.
- Stripe is used by 1.0% of Bandcamp stores.
- Facebook Pixel is used by 0.2% of Bandcamp stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all Bandcamp stores.
Top Shipping Carriers Used By Bandcamp Stores
- USPS is used by 2.2% of Bandcamp stores.
- Royal Mail is used by 0.6% of Bandcamp stores.
- Canada Post is used by 0.2% of Bandcamp stores.
Here are the top 10 shipping carriers across all Bandcamp stores.
Bandcamp Store Top-level Domain Distribution
.com is the most popular top-level domain for Bandcamp stores. This is not surprising since alternate top-level domains have only been introduced somewhat recently and there is still a certain cachet associated with .com domains.
That said, you'll find stark regional differences in certain countries. In Australia, .com.au is the most common top-level domain with .com a close second. This is the exception however as .com domains dominate in virtually all other countries.
- 100.0% of Bandcamp stores have a .com domain.
Top Bandcamp Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by Bandcamp, ordered by store rank.
New Bandcamp Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to Bandcamp From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Bandcamp has taken 117 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to Bandcamp from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Stores Switching from Bandcamp To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Bandcamp has lost 7 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top Bandcamp stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on Bandcamp stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the Bandcamp stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on Bandcamp stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.