The State of Shopmatic in 2023
Shopmatic is an ecommerce platform focused on small businesses based in Asia.
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on Shopmatic usage.
- Shopmatic growth
- Social media usage on Shopmatic stores
- Contact information on Shopmatic stores
- Top categories for Shopmatic stores
- Top countries for Shopmatic stores
- Number of employees for Shopmatic stores
- Number of products sold for Shopmatic stores
- Top Shopmatic technologies
- Top Shipping Carriers used by Shopmatic stores
- Shopmatic store top-level domain distribution
- Top Shopmatic stores
- New Shopmatic stores
- Stores switching to Shopmatic from other platforms
- Stores switching from Shopmatic to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 2,287 live stores running on the Shopmatic platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running Shopmatic.
- Shopmatic stores increased 3.5% quarter-over-quarter in 2022 Q4.
- Shopmatic stores increased 20% year-over-year in 2022 Q4.
Cumulative Stores by Quarter
It's hard to know exactly when a Shopmatic store was first created but we use a heuristic combining DNS and WHOIS data that provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On Shopmatic Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Facebook is used by 33.7% of Shopmatic stores.
- Instagram is used by 31.5% of Shopmatic stores.
- Twitter is used by 6.1% of Shopmatic stores.
Contact Information On Shopmatic Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 44% of Shopmatic stores have an email on their website
- 17% of Shopmatic stores provide a phone number on their website
Top Categories For Shopmatic Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on Shopmatic.
- 29.7% of Shopmatic stores sell Apparel products.
- 12.7% of Shopmatic stores sell Home & Garden products.
- 10.0% of Shopmatic stores sell Food & Drink products.
Top Countries For Shopmatic Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using Shopmatic.
- 24.6% of Shopmatic stores are in India
- 5.9% of Shopmatic stores are in Singapore
- 0.1% of Shopmatic stores are in Malaysia
- 0.0% of Shopmatic stores are in Canada
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For Shopmatic Stores
Here is the breakdown of Shopmatic stores by the number of employees.
- 0.0% of Shopmatic stores have 1 - 9 employees.
- 0.0% of Shopmatic stores have 10 - 24 employees.
- 0.0% of Shopmatic stores have 25 - 49 employees.
Number Of Products Sold For Shopmatic Stores
Here is the breakdown of Shopmatic stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 51.3% of Shopmatic stores sell 1 - 9 different products.
- 4.5% of Shopmatic stores sell 25 - 49 different products.
- 4.0% of Shopmatic stores sell 10 - 24 different products.
Top Technologies on Shopmatic Stores
We're tracking 26 different technologies that have 6,959 collective installs on Shopmatic stores.
- Cloudfront CDN is used by 99.8% of Shopmatic stores.
- Google Tag Manager is used by 99.8% of Shopmatic stores.
- Next.js is used by 99.6% of Shopmatic stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all Shopmatic stores.
Top Shipping Carriers Used By Shopmatic Stores
- Fedex is used by 0.3% of Shopmatic stores.
- UPS is used by 0.3% of Shopmatic stores.
- Delhivery is used by 0.0% of Shopmatic stores.
Here are the top 3 shipping carriers across all Shopmatic stores.
Shopmatic Store Top-level Domain Distribution
.com is the most popular top-level domain for Shopmatic stores. This is not surprising since alternate top-level domains have only been introduced somewhat recently and there is still a certain cachet associated with .com domains.
That said, you'll find stark regional differences in certain countries. In Australia, .com.au is the most common top-level domain with .com a close second. This is the exception however as .com domains dominate in virtually all other countries.
- 81.2% of Shopmatic stores have a .com domain.
- 10.7% of Shopmatic stores have a .in domain.
- 1.8% of Shopmatic stores have a .co.in domain.
Top Shopmatic Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by Shopmatic, ordered by store rank.
New Shopmatic Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to Shopmatic From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Shopmatic has taken 1 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to Shopmatic from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Stores Switching from Shopmatic To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, Shopmatic has lost 17 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top Shopmatic stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on Shopmatic stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the Shopmatic stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on Shopmatic stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.