The State of ShopExpress in 2022
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on ShopExpress usage.
- ShopExpress growth
- Social media usage on ShopExpress stores
- Contact information on ShopExpress stores
- Top categories for ShopExpress stores
- Top countries for ShopExpress stores
- Number of products sold for ShopExpress stores
- Top ShopExpress technologies
- Top Shipping Carriers used by ShopExpress stores
- ShopExpress store top-level domain distribution
- Top ShopExpress stores
- New ShopExpress stores
- Stores switching to ShopExpress from other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 47 live stores running on the ShopExpress platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running ShopExpress.
- ShopExpress stores increased 104.8% quarter-over-quarter in 2022 Q1.
- ShopExpress stores increased 378% year-over-year in 2022 Q1.
Cumulative Stores by Quarter
It's hard to know exactly when a ShopExpress store was first created but we use a heuristic combining DNS and WHOIS data that provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On ShopExpress Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Facebook is used by 23.4% of ShopExpress stores.
- YouTube is used by 21.3% of ShopExpress stores.
- Instagram is used by 19.1% of ShopExpress stores.
Contact Information On ShopExpress Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 64% of ShopExpress stores have an email on their website
- 60% of ShopExpress stores provide a phone number on their website
Top Categories For ShopExpress Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on ShopExpress.
- 31.9% of ShopExpress stores sell Apparel products.
- 21.3% of ShopExpress stores sell Home & Garden products.
- 8.5% of ShopExpress stores sell Autos & Vehicles products.
Top Countries For ShopExpress Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using ShopExpress.
- 87.2% of ShopExpress stores are in United States
- 4.3% of ShopExpress stores are in China
- 2.1% of ShopExpress stores are in Australia
- 2.1% of ShopExpress stores are in Cocos (Keeling) Islands
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Products Sold For ShopExpress Stores
Here is the breakdown of ShopExpress stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 2.1% of ShopExpress stores sell 25 - 49 different products.
Top Technologies on ShopExpress Stores
We're tracking 2 different technologies that have 29 collective installs on ShopExpress stores.
- Facebook Pixel is used by 36.2% of ShopExpress stores.
- YouTube Player is used by 25.5% of ShopExpress stores.
Here are the top 2 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all ShopExpress stores.
Top Shipping Carriers Used By ShopExpress Stores
- Fedex is used by 29.8% of ShopExpress stores.
- USPS is used by 23.4% of ShopExpress stores.
- UPS is used by 21.3% of ShopExpress stores.
Here are the top 3 shipping carriers across all ShopExpress stores.
ShopExpress Store Top-level Domain Distribution
.com is the most popular top-level domain for ShopExpress stores. This is not surprising since alternate top-level domains have only been introduced somewhat recently and there is still a certain cachet associated with .com domains.
That said, you'll find stark regional differences in certain countries. In Australia, .com.au is the most common top-level domain with .com a close second. This is the exception however as .com domains dominate in virtually all other countries.
- 89.4% of ShopExpress stores have a .com domain.
- 2.1% of ShopExpress stores have a .cc domain.
- 2.1% of ShopExpress stores have a .co.uk domain.
Top ShopExpress Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by ShopExpress, ordered by store rank.
New ShopExpress Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to ShopExpress From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, ShopExpress has taken 21 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to ShopExpress from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Get more insights on ShopExpress stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the ShopExpress stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on ShopExpress stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.