The State of StackCommerce in 2022
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on StackCommerce usage.
- StackCommerce growth
- Social media usage on StackCommerce stores
- Contact information on StackCommerce stores
- Top categories for StackCommerce stores
- Top countries for StackCommerce stores
- Number of employees for StackCommerce stores
- Number of products sold for StackCommerce stores
- Top StackCommerce technologies
- StackCommerce store top-level domain distribution
- Top StackCommerce stores
- New StackCommerce stores
- Stores switching to StackCommerce from other platforms
- Stores switching from StackCommerce to other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 163 live stores running on the StackCommerce platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running StackCommerce.
- StackCommerce stores increased 2.6% quarter-over-quarter in 2022 Q1.
- StackCommerce stores increased 42% year-over-year in 2022 Q1.
Cumulative Stores by Quarter
It's hard to know exactly when a StackCommerce store was first created but we use a heuristic combining DNS and WHOIS data that provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On StackCommerce Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- LinkedIn is used by 12.3% of StackCommerce stores.
- Twitter is used by 1.8% of StackCommerce stores.
- YouTube is used by 0.6% of StackCommerce stores.
Contact Information On StackCommerce Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 30% of StackCommerce stores have an email on their website
- 28% of StackCommerce stores provide a phone number on their website
Top Categories For StackCommerce Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on StackCommerce.
- 44.8% of StackCommerce stores sell Computers products.
- 8.6% of StackCommerce stores sell Consumer Electronics products.
- 3.1% of StackCommerce stores sell Apparel products.
Top Countries For StackCommerce Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using StackCommerce.
- 96.9% of StackCommerce stores are in United States
- 1.8% of StackCommerce stores are in Canada
- 0.6% of StackCommerce stores are in Australia
- 0.6% of StackCommerce stores are in Samoa
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For StackCommerce Stores
Here is the breakdown of StackCommerce stores by the number of employees.
- 4.9% of StackCommerce stores have 1 - 9 employees.
- 4.3% of StackCommerce stores have 10 - 24 employees.
- 4.3% of StackCommerce stores have 100 - 249 employees.
Number Of Products Sold For StackCommerce Stores
Here is the breakdown of StackCommerce stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 8.0% of StackCommerce stores sell 250 - 999 different products.
- 7.4% of StackCommerce stores sell 1000 - 4999 different products.
- 4.3% of StackCommerce stores sell 100 - 249 different products.
Top Technologies on StackCommerce Stores
We're tracking 27 different technologies that have 3,497 collective installs on StackCommerce stores.
- Dynamic Yield is used by 100.0% of StackCommerce stores.
- New Relic is used by 100.0% of StackCommerce stores.
- Segment is used by 100.0% of StackCommerce stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all StackCommerce stores.
StackCommerce Store Top-level Domain Distribution
.com is the most popular top-level domain for StackCommerce stores. This is not surprising since alternate top-level domains have only been introduced somewhat recently and there is still a certain cachet associated with .com domains.
That said, you'll find stark regional differences in certain countries. In Australia, .com.au is the most common top-level domain with .com a close second. This is the exception however as .com domains dominate in virtually all other countries.
- 88.3% of StackCommerce stores have a .com domain.
- 4.3% of StackCommerce stores have a .net domain.
- 1.8% of StackCommerce stores have a .co domain.
Top StackCommerce Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by StackCommerce, ordered by store rank.
New StackCommerce Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to StackCommerce From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, StackCommerce has taken 157 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to StackCommerce from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Stores Switching from StackCommerce To Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, StackCommerce has lost 1 merchants to competitive platforms.
Here are the top StackCommerce stores that have recently changed to a competitive platform.
Get more insights on StackCommerce stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the StackCommerce stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on StackCommerce stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.