The State of CommerceUp in 2022
In this report, we'll cover the following essential statistics on CommerceUp usage.
- CommerceUp growth
- Social media usage on CommerceUp stores
- Contact information on CommerceUp stores
- Top categories for CommerceUp stores
- Top countries for CommerceUp stores
- Number of employees for CommerceUp stores
- Number of products sold for CommerceUp stores
- Top CommerceUp technologies
- CommerceUp store top-level domain distribution
- Top CommerceUp stores
- New CommerceUp stores
- Stores switching to CommerceUp from other platforms
Create a free account to get a feel for the data we provide.
At present, there are 48 live stores running on the CommerceUp platform.
Here is the historical growth of stores running CommerceUp.
- CommerceUp stores increased 17.6% quarter-over-quarter in 2022 Q2.
- CommerceUp stores increased 54% year-over-year in 2022 Q2.
Cumulative Stores by Quarter
It's hard to know exactly when a CommerceUp store was first created but we use a heuristic combining DNS and WHOIS data that provides a reasonable approximation.
Social Media Usage On CommerceUp Stores
Ecommerce brands use social media sites to engage with millions of consumers. Instagram and Facebook are the dominant social media sites for ecommerce stores, by far, with Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube also having notable usage.
- Instagram is used by 75.0% of CommerceUp stores.
- Facebook is used by 68.8% of CommerceUp stores.
- Twitter is used by 35.4% of CommerceUp stores.
Contact Information On CommerceUp Stores
Email remains an extremely popular communication channel for merchants. Many merchants also provide a phone number so that their customers can reach them instantly.
- 77% of CommerceUp stores have an email on their website
- 73% of CommerceUp stores provide a phone number on their website
Top Categories For CommerceUp Stores
Here is the breakdown of industry verticals for stores on CommerceUp.
- 31.2% of CommerceUp stores sell Apparel products.
- 29.2% of CommerceUp stores sell Food & Drink products.
- 16.7% of CommerceUp stores sell Beauty & Fitness products.
- 10.4% of CommerceUp stores sell Home & Garden products.
Top Countries For CommerceUp Stores
Here are the top countries for stores using CommerceUp.
- 54.2% of CommerceUp stores are in United Arab Emirates
- 27.1% of CommerceUp stores are in India
- 4.2% of CommerceUp stores are in United States
- 2.1% of CommerceUp stores are in Australia
With a paid account, stores can also be segmented by region and city.
Number Of Employees For CommerceUp Stores
Here is the breakdown of CommerceUp stores by the number of employees.
- 14.6% of CommerceUp stores have 25 - 49 employees.
- 4.2% of CommerceUp stores have 1 - 9 employees.
- 2.1% of CommerceUp stores have 10 - 24 employees.
Number Of Products Sold For CommerceUp Stores
Here is the breakdown of CommerceUp stores by the number of products that they sell.
- 25.0% of CommerceUp stores sell 250 - 999 different products.
- 14.6% of CommerceUp stores sell 1 - 9 different products.
- 14.6% of CommerceUp stores sell 100 - 249 different products.
Top Technologies on CommerceUp Stores
We're tracking 25 different technologies that have 187 collective installs on CommerceUp stores.
- Google Analytics is used by 72.9% of CommerceUp stores.
- Facebook Pixel is used by 66.7% of CommerceUp stores.
- Google Tag Manager is used by 60.4% of CommerceUp stores.
Here are the top 10 third-party technologies, ordered by number of installs, across all CommerceUp stores.
CommerceUp Store Top-level Domain Distribution
.com is the most popular top-level domain for CommerceUp stores. This is not surprising since alternate top-level domains have only been introduced somewhat recently and there is still a certain cachet associated with .com domains.
That said, you'll find stark regional differences in certain countries. In Australia, .com.au is the most common top-level domain with .com a close second. This is the exception however as .com domains dominate in virtually all other countries.
- 56.2% of CommerceUp stores have a .com domain.
- 22.9% of CommerceUp stores have a .ae domain.
- 12.5% of CommerceUp stores have a .store domain.
Top CommerceUp Stores
Here are the top stores, powered by CommerceUp, ordered by store rank.
New CommerceUp Stores
Here are the 5 highest-ranked stores added most recently.
Stores Switching to CommerceUp From Other Platforms
Over the last 90 days, CommerceUp has taken 1 merchants from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Here are the top stores that have switched to CommerceUp from competitive ecommerce platforms.
Get more insights on CommerceUp stores
Our search interface is easy to use and helps you find the CommerceUp stores that are relevant to you.
You can segment stores on a variety of dimensions:
- Social Media accounts
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Third-party technologies
- Creation date
- Top-level domains
- Domain status
- Domain type
For more insights on CommerceUp stores, create a free account and have a look for yourself.